Leftover Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie is an all time favorite for us because it’s the whole Thanksgiving dinner in one awesome warm casserole. Shepherds pie is a celebration of all of our favorite Thanksgiving comfort dishes in a “pie”. It’s hard to pass up this dish because it’s topped with mashed potatoes and baked until everything is warmed and combined into one complete delicious goodness. Classic shepherds pie recipe has veggies, meats, gravy and potatoes. So it’s the perfect opportunity to take all our Thanksgiving leftovers into a shepherds pie version because Thanksgiving has all those delicious components! Share it with family and friends and enjoy. Thanksgiving doesn’t have to just be one day of feasting! This is the dish that keeps on giving. Click here for all of our great Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes and Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes.
Shepherd’s Pie is so easy. Watch!
- 2 cups leftover stuffing , approximately
- 1 1/2 cups leftover turkey , cubed or cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup leftover veggies , ham or anything but the pie, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup leftover gravy , or more if you like!
- 3-4 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut into 1/2” pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9” pie pan or an 8”x8” baking dish.
- Layer stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, veggies and gravy. Spread potatoes over the casserole. Dot with the butter.
- Bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly. If you want, drizzle more gravy on top! Enjoy!