Hot Dog Lasagna Recipe
Attention hot dog lovers. If you’re as obsessed as we are about hot dogs, then you’ll go nuts over this low carb hot dog lasagna recipe. Our test kitchen teams were craving hot dogs, so we brain stormed about how we can incorporate hot dogs outside the bun. When someone said they loved lasagna, we all realized that was going to be lunch: hot dog lasagna. Okay, as crazy as this hot dog recipe sounds, it’s actually really good especially if you’re obsessed with hot dogs, eating low carb and italian food. Bam! It’s all three wishes combined into one hot and cheesy casserole. When you’re in a mood to eat something decadent and a little bit beyond the norm, you’ll love this low carb dish.
Drool over our Hog Dog Lasagna Recipe
But what if you want the starch? Then it’s totally fine to add some lasagna noodles between the layers. It’ll be a complete meal that’s a little more filling and it’ll have extra bite. Either way, give it a whirl if you want to add to your hot dog repertoire and surprise everyone at your next game day party. It’ll be a hoot and most importantly, everyone will be pleasantly surprised at how delicious this warm casserole is when they see it’s hot dogs layered inside! Here’s more awesome game day recipes and hot dog recipes from our archives. Enjoy!
Hot Dog Lasagna
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 12 oz. (340 g) Pasta Sauce
- 15 oz. (425 g) Ricotta
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup (15 g) chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Onion Salt
- Black Pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 4 oz. (115 g) Parmesan , grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 oz. (225 g) Mozzarella , grated (about 2 cups)
- additional 1/4 cup chopped parsley for unnecessary garnish optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each hot dog lengthwise into 3 thin slices. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, parsley, garlic salt and onion salt. In another bowl combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- In a 9”x13” baking pan, pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Layer 1/2 of the hot dog slices in a single layer. Then layer 1/2 of the ricotta mixture on top of the hot dogs, then 1/2 of the mozzarella/parmesan cheese mix.Layer the next 1/3 the pasta sauce, remainder of the hot dog slices, and remainder of ricotta mixture. Top with remaining pasta sauce and then mozzarella/parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the lasagna is hot and bubbly and the cheese is lightly browned. Top with the unnecessary parsley garnish if desired 😉 . Serve warm.
Here’s more fun hot dog recipes for ya.