This chili cheese crescent dog bake is ridiculously fun and delicious. At first we thought only the little kiddies would like it, but every single adult that tasted these were blown away at how delicious they were. They just aren’t for Super bowl, game day or special occasions. They’re for every occasion that is a fun gathering and everyone wants to have a good time eating appetizers and beer! Or soda pop!
Ok, so it’s super simple to make this chili cheese dog bake. It starts with some simple crescent roll dough. Choose your favorite cheese (we love cheddar and American cheese!). Roll the crescent dough that’s stuffed with a hot dog and a bunch of cheese. Add some of your favorite chili and lots of warm oven love. After about 45 minutes, voila! You can a wonderful warm meal for all chili cheese hot dog lovers!
Watch the video making the Chili Cheese Crescent Dog Bake – So easy and so good!:
There’s so many different types of hot dogs out there ranging from pork, beef, turkey and even vegan tofu! So you have plenty of options to choose from for this chili cheese bake.
The reason why our chili cheese hot dog bake is so popular is because it can serve many people at once. It’s so quick and easy to roll a bunch of cheese and hot dogs in crescent rolls and bake them. In fact, during our taste test, we did two batches at once and it literally took just a few minutes. The problem was we had two huge platters that needed to be eaten!
The key is to bake the rolls covered in foil first, then continue baking them without the foil. This ensures that the dough cooks all the way through, leaving you with warm tender crescent dough filled with the best chili cheese dogs on Earth! They’re the perfect appetizer or full meal!
Make sure to bake the rolls covered in foil first, then continue baking them without the foil. This ensures that the dough cooks all the way through, leaving you with warm tender crescent dough filled with the best chili cheese dogs on Earth! They’re the perfect appetizer or full meal!
Love more chili dogs? Try our Chili Cheese Hog Dog Bake with regular buns. They’re amazing, easy and just as delicious! Seriously, we can’t decide on which version we like better. Try both of our versions and let us know!
OMG chili cheese dog delicious!
Chili Cheese Crescent Hot Dog Bake
- 8 (8 ) hot dogs
- 8 slices (8 slices) American cheese or 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can (1 can) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1-2 cans (1-2 cans) (15.5 oz ea) chili , depending on how much chili you like
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) Butter (approximately), melted
- 1-2 cloves (1-2 cloves) garlic , minced
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse hot dogs and pat dry.
- Open the can of crescent dough and roll out dough. Cut the dough into 8 equal squares.
- Roll 1 slice of cheese around 1 hot dog. Roll 1 square of crescent dough around the cheese/hot dog. Repeat for all 8 hot dogs. Gently press the seams of the crescent dough down.
- Melt butter and then add minced garlic. Place hot dogs in pan, spaced apart to leave room for chili later. Brush top of dough with the garlic butter. Save remaining garlic butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove foil, add chili around the base of the hot dogs and continue baking un-covered for about 10 minutes OR until tops of dough are golden brown and chili is heated through.
- Optional- For extra garlic butter goodness, brush remaining garlic butter on top of dough and top with parsley. Enjoy!