Skillet Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Sausage and Cheese
Have you ever tried skillet brussels sprouts before? It’s so much easier to enjoy brussels sprouts without having to turn on the oven. Best of all, our recipe for skillet brussels sprouts is with shaved brussels sprouts which makes for easier and quicker cooking!
Yummy and Easy Skillet Brussels Sprouts Recipe
All made in one pot, our cheesy shaved brussels sprouts is so easy to make and fantastic to devour. It’s the perfect stove top brussels spouts dish because it doesn’t need oven space if you’re cooking a big Holiday feast. And even if it’s not a holiday occasion, these cheesy brussels sprouts with sausage are a yummy low carb. They’re so simple to make for a weeknight dinner. If you prep the brussels sprouts ahead of time, cooking this dish is even quicker.
Video: Skillet Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
Tips on How to Make Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Prep: Shaving the brussels sprouts or slicing them thin ahead of time stores perfectly in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- So when you come home, you just have to heat up the skillet and saute the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on high heat: The texture of the brussels sprouts is great because they’re slightly charred and browned. You just need to cook it on a little higher heat and on a cast iron pan. A hot cast iron pan will give a smoky, charred flavor reminiscent of the bbq.
- You can use Spicy or Mild Italian Sausage, turkey sausage or vegan plant based sausage. The delicious sausage and melted cheese all tie this fantastic shaved brussels sprouts into one amazing dish.
- It’s definitely a keeper and one of those recipe that can get a brussels spouts hater into a brussels sprouts lover. Give it a try and you just might transform your whole family to loving brussels sprouts and eating all their greens!
Sauteed Shaved skillet brussels sprouts with sausage
- 1 pound (454 g) brussels sprouts , sliced or shaved thin
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 small (1 small) onion , diced
- 3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic , minced or crushed
- 1/2 pound (227 g) ground sausage , or more if you want more meat
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded parmesan cheese or your favorite cheese
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat. Add oil, then add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add ground sausage. Break up the ground sausage in the pan and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Add sliced brussels sprouts. Stir and cook until the sprouts are soft and tender, about 3-5 minutes, depending on how thin the sprouts were cut.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve warm.
Can you Freeze Shaved Brussels Sprouts?
Yes, you definitely can freeze the leftovers! Just freeze the brussels sprouts in an air tight container or bag. Before serving again, allow the brussels to thaw in the fridge for at least a day. If it’s still cold and frozen, you can microwave them to re-heat. Or you can cook them on a skillet until warmed through.
More Easy recipes
- Here’s our Amazing—> Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe
- Always a Classic –> Amazing Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Try Our —> Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Click Here for Our —> Sheet Pan Brussels with Bacon and Garlic.
- Super popular : Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Parsley Dressing is super fresh.
- Below: Sriracha marinade on brussels sprouts? Yes! Recipe Here.
- Try our –> Delicious Holiday Recipes
- This recipe was originally published in 2018.