Everyone who loves to eat queso dip, especially spicy queso dip, will absolutely love this recipe. This queso dip recipe is made in the slow cooker and filled green chiles, optional jalapeño and a bunch of fragrant spices. It’s definitely not a boring queso dip. The textures of chiles, smoky spices and layers of flavor make this a crowd favorite.
If you don’t don’t want to make it in a slow cooker and prefer stove top, then it will work just as wonderful. Simmer all the ingredients on very low heat so that the cheese can slowly melt without burning at the bottom of the pan.
Video of Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe
This green chile queso dip is perfect for game day, cinco de mayo and any time you’re craving an easy cheese dip appetizer recipe to make for a big crowd. Try it on nachos and you’ll be hooked for life. Warm cheese dips are such a decadent treat, so make it for the next weekend party and you’ll be loving life!
Our Favorite Cookers:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household:
Green Chile Queso Dip Recipe with Jalapeño
Yield: Serves 6
Total Time: 3 hours
Read post and watch the video for more recipe details. This dip is super quick, easy and delicious. The jalapeños are optional, but the heat adds a really nice touch to the dip. If you want it extra spicy, add extra jalapeño chiles! If you don't don't want to make it in a slow cooker and prefer stove top, then it will work just as wonderful. Simmer all the ingredients on very low heat so that the cheese can slowly melt without burning at the bottom of the pan.
For the Queso Dip:
- 16 oz. (453g) Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1" cubes for quick melting
- 1 (15 oz- 425g) can chili (no beans)
- 1 (4 oz - 113g) can diced green chiles
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) Half & Half
- tortilla chips (preferred!)
- Potato Chips
- In slow cooker, add all the ingredients and stir together well: Velveeta cheese, chili, diced green chiles, fresh jalapeño, sea salt, ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, chipotle powder, ground cayenne pepper and Half and Half.
- Cook on low for about 3 hours or High for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally to make sure all the cheese melts.
- Note on slow cookers: Cooking time will vary depending on the size of slow cooker you are using. If you are using larger slow cookers, more of the dip will be spread across the slow cooker so the cheese will melt faster. Smaller slow cookers will take longer to melt and cook the dip. Check the dip each hour, stir and you determine when it's ready to serve.
- Serve the yummy queso dip with tortilla chips or the other options.
Hello! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use our images without prior permission and do not re-publish this recipe. Simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.