We’ve been obsessed with cheese balls and can’t stop making these easy cheese ball recipes to share with you all. It’s awesome that they are so versatile and simple to make in so many different combinations. You can make them ahead of time and they’ll keep for a few days in the fridge. All you have to do is to add some crackers, chips or veggies and you have he perfect cheese ball appetizer plate for so many occasions. From game day to parties and holidays, a cheese ball appetizer and loved by so many people.
Watch our awesome bacon cheddar cheese ball recipe:
This version is a popular bacon cheddar cheese ball. Rather than add it all to food processor like other recipes, we really wanted the flavor of the cheddar cheese to come through on the cheese ball. So we lightly microwaved the cream cheese and the cheddar to bring the flavors together. When you spread the cheese on your crackers or bread, the flavors of both cheeses really shine and best of all, its the great cohesive texture of two cheeses together. You can make one large cheese ball from this recipe for larger parties. Or divide it into two smaller cheese balls for two different occasions or two different platters. You can also just halve the recipe to make a smaller ball that serves about 4-6. Enjoy! More appetizer recipes here and holiday recipes here.
More of our amazing –> Dip Recipes Here
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese , softened (2 packages)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 0.5 ounce Ranch Dressing Mix (1/2 package or @ 1 1/2 tablespoons - or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Green Onions , sliced thin (divided in half)
- 4 slices cooked, crispy Bacon , cut into very small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted Nuts (pecans, almond, walnuts etc…)
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Microwave cheeses for about 45 seconds (depending on microwave) or just until the they are soft and cheddar is slightly melted. Stir to combine.
- Add ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, black pepper and half of the green onions. Stir the mixture until everything is combined. Chill in fridge for about 5 minutes if necessary so it can be formed into a ball.
- Lay plastic wrap on surface and transfer cheese mixture on top. Wrap the plastic wrap around cheese mixture and shape the mixture into a ball. Chill until the cheese ball is firm.
- Combine the bacon bits, nuts and remaining green onions in a plate. Roll the chilled cheese ball in the bacon/nuts mixture. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. The cheese ball tastes better the next day after all the flavors are combined.