Baked Parmesan Meatballs
Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
If you’re looking for a great meatball recipe, here it is. We wanted to create a meatball that was flavorful, savory, moist, super delicious and easy to make. After a few rounds, we finalized this version that fulfills everything we wanted. Everyone needs a reliable and everyday meatball recipe and this will be the one that you’ll turn to. It’s all about the flavor and by adding parmesan and Worcestershire sauce, the meaty flavor is elevated ten fold. They’re super delicious!
We seared them on the pan first to create a nice crust around the meat balls, then baked them to finish them off. This keeps the meatballs moist and juicy. Our preferred pan to use are our cast iron pans. They sear well and can go straight from the stove to the oven. The sauce also simmers with the meatballs when they’re baked, which adds to a superb tomato sauce flavor. Everything about this is fabulous.
Video: Baked Parmesan Meatballs Recipe :
Serve the meatballs on sandwiches, sliders, noodles or pasta. We served them up with sandwiches for lunch in the test kitchen and they were a hit. For the rest of the folks who wanted a low carb lunch, they just ate the meatballs with a salad and it was still delicious! These meatballs are the perfect Italian-inspired dish that has endless possibilities. But our favorite way to serve these bake parmesan meatballs is with grilled bread. Yum! It’s like the perfect gastro-pub restaurant appetizer, but homemade. Meatballs are the perfect appetizers and when scooped up with the grilled slices of bread, it’s a new way of eating and appreciating meatballs. So have fun with these baked parmesan meatballs and make are to double the batch for game days or weekends when you’re having a huge party! And here’s a great turkey meatballs recipe with herbed gravy. YUM.
Our Instant Pot Recipe is Here for the Meatballs!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Baked Parmesan Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound (455g) ground Beef, Pork, Chicken or Turkey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Bread Crumbs (or Panko Bread Crumbs)
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 small Onion , minced
- 1-2 cloves Garlic , minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) Minced Parsley, extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt , or to taste
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
For the Sauce & Topping
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Olive Oil
- about 2 cups (480ml) Tomato Sauce (or more if you like)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Parmesan Cheese, for topping
- chopped Italian Parsley , for topping
- serve on top of pasta , rice or with grilled bread
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients (meat, eggs, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt & and pepper). Mix it all together well. Add some oil to your hands to prevent sticking and roll meatballs into about 1 1/2” balls. Try to keep the meatballs all the same size for even cooking.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet on medium high heat. Add oil then add meatballs to pan. Sear the outside of the meatballs until a crust forms, gently rolling the meatballs around the pan occasionally so that all the sides are seared evenly. Remove pan from heat.
- Transfer the pan of meatballs to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through. If you rolled the meatballs larger, cooking time will be longer.
- When meatballs are finished cooking, add the tomato sauce and bake for another 3 minutes or until the sauce is heated (the meatballs with the sauce can also be heated on the stovetop for about 3 minutes or until heated through).
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve warm with desired accompaniments (pasta, rice, bread, etc...).