There’s always a time when we’re craving a quick seafood recipe. This foil pack garlic butter tilapia or white fish is easy and perfect!
Garlic butter is always a favorite. This is a delicious and simple marinade for tilapia or any type of white fish. The flavors are fantastic, satisfying and wonderful for a quick weeknight meal. Foil packs are the way to go because it’s not complicated to throw it all in wrapped foil. Baked for a few minutes in the oven, this foil pack fish recipe is super satisfying. What you get is a great and moist fish for dinner. It’s light and if you want to make it any for filling, just add some pasta, brown rice, wild rice, couscous or quinoa. It’s a complete meal in minutes and can feed hungry bellies without making a big mess in the kitchen.
Watch the video for Foil Pack Garlic Butter White Fish:
When making this foil pack white fish, just make sure to adjust cooking times because white fish has so many different thicknesses!
Click Here for—> More Seafood Recipes:
Click Here for—> Delicious Healthy Recipes:
Click Here for more–> Easy Foil Pack Dinners:
15 minute Foil Baked Garlic Butter White Fish (Tilapia)
- 2 (6 ounce) (2 (170g)) tilapia fillets , or any white fish (12 oz. or 340g total)
- 6-8 (6 ) asparagus sprigs , cut into thirds
- 1 medium (1 medium) zucchini , (or other summer squash) sliced
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried or fresh thyme or oregano or mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried dill or 1 teaspoon (5ml fresh chopped dill), optional
- 1 (1 ) medium lemon , cut into wedges
- Fresh minced parsley , for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Tear two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil large enough to wrap each fish and veggies pack.
- Place each fish filet in the center of the foils and then divide the veggies (asparagus & squash) between each foil pack. Season with salt and pepper.
- In bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano, and optional dried dill.
- Divide the garlic butter over the two fish packets. Fold the foil over to almost completely cover the fish and veggies. Leave a small opening on top to release steam.
- Place on a baking sheet pan and bake fish until cooked through, depending on the type and the thickness of your fish, 15-20 minutes. When a fork easily cuts through the fish flakes, it’s cooked! Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.
Enjoy more tilapia fish recipes here.