Foil Pack Garlic Butter Tilapia or White Fish
This easy foil pack white fish recipe with garlic butter is a reader favorite. It’s quick, easy and a healthy option for dinner or lunch. There’s always a time when we’re craving a quick seafood meal, this fish foil packet recipe is it.
Foil Pack White Fish Recipe
Garlic butter is always a favorite. This is a delicious and simple marinade for tilapia or any type of white fish. The flavors are fantastic, satisfying and wonderful for a quick weeknight meal. Foil packs are the way to go because it’s not complicated to throw it all in wrapped foil. Baked for a few minutes in the oven, this foil pack fish recipe is super satisfying. What you get is a great and moist fish for dinner. It’s light and if you want to make it any for filling, just add some pasta, brown rice, wild rice, couscous or quinoa. It’s a complete meal in minutes and can feed hungry bellies without making a big mess in the kitchen. Fish foil packet meals are the best!
Watch the video for Foil Pack White Fish Recipe :
When making this foil pack white fish, just make sure to adjust cooking times because white fish has so many different thicknesses!
Can You Use Parchment Instead of Foil?
Yes, you can! Parchment will steam the food and give a more soft steamed texture to the white fish. Where as a foil pack will give a more roasted texture and flavor to the fish and vegetables. But make sure to not use wax paper! It will burn and melt and wax paper is definitely not for use in the oven.
15 minute Foil Baked Garlic Butter White Fish (Tilapia)
- 2 (6 ounce) (2 (170g)) tilapia fillets , or any white fish (12 oz. or 340g total)
- 6-8 (6 ) asparagus sprigs , cut into thirds
- 1 medium (1 medium) zucchini , (or other summer squash) sliced
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried or fresh thyme or oregano or mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried dill or 1 teaspoon (5ml fresh chopped dill), optional
- 1 (1 ) medium lemon , cut into wedges
- Fresh minced parsley , for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Tear two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil large enough to wrap each fish and veggies pack.
- Place each fish filet in the center of the foils and then divide the veggies (asparagus & squash) between each foil pack. Season with salt and pepper.
- In bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano, and optional dried dill.
- Divide the garlic butter over the two fish packets. Fold the foil over to almost completely cover the fish and veggies. Leave a small opening on top to release steam.
- Place on a baking sheet pan and bake fish until cooked through, depending on the type and the thickness of your fish, 15-20 minutes. When a fork easily cuts through the fish flakes, it’s cooked! Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.
Here’s more of our popular foil pack recipes :
Click Here for—> More Seafood Recipes:
This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2020 with updated photos. Enjoy more tilapia fish recipes here.