Low-Carb Cloud Eggs (Eggs in a Cloud)
Our recipe for cloud eggs or eggs in a cloud is super simple, it’s hard to mess it up. Because it’s so easy, this eggs in a cloud recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
They’re low carb and super flavorful with salty crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese. This amazing egg recipe is a classic dish that is making a big comeback and everyone is loving it for it’s easy preparation and low carb breakfast/brunch option. You simply separate the eggs and egg whites; whip the egg whites, and arrange them into “cloud” shapes on a silicone- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for a couple of minutes, slip the yolks onto each, then bake for a few more minutes.
Watch the Video of Amazing Cloud Eggs!
Click Here for More –> Brunch & Breakfast Recipes
Click Here for more —> Healthy Recipes.
Recipe was originally published in 2017 and was updated in 2018 with a new video and recipe format. Hope you enjoy our low carb keto recipe!
Cloud Eggs or Eggs-in-a-Cloud
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Parmesan Cheese , grated
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced Parsley or Chives
- 2 slices cooked Bacon , crumbled
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- Black Pepper , to taste - fresh cracked if possible
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from yolks by placing the egg whites in large bowl and place the 4 yolks in separate small bowls.
- Using either a stand or hand mixer, whip whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the parmesan cheese, parsley/chives, bacon pieces and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the egg white mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon, create a small dent or well in the center of each mound.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes. Remove egg whites from the oven and then gently place an egg yolk in the hole of each egg cloud. Season with salt and pepper.Bake for another 2-3 or until the eggs are set the way you like it. Serve with toast or eat them as they are for a great low-carb breakfast!