Low-Carb Cloud Eggs (Eggs in a Cloud)
Our recipe for cloud eggs or eggs in a cloud is super simple, it’s hard to mess it up. Because it’s so easy, this eggs in a cloud recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
They’re low carb and super flavorful with salty crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese. This amazing egg recipe is a classic dish that is making a big comeback and everyone is loving it for it’s easy preparation and low carb breakfast/brunch option. You simply separate the eggs and egg whites; whip the egg whites, and arrange them into “cloud” shapes on a silicone- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for a couple of minutes, slip the yolks onto each, then bake for a few more minutes.
Our version has parmesan cheese, minced parsley or chives and bacon. YUP. You know us, we gotta add our love of bacon and parmesan cheese. The outstanding flavors from the bacon and cheese makes these cloud eggs outstanding. Add some toast or if you totally want to keep it as low carb as possible, just eat them as they are. You’ll fall in love with how yummy and low calorie these are. Well, if you want it really lower calorie, just omit the bacon and cheese, but why would you do that, right? LOL. Anyways, give it a whirl and let us know what you think because we’re obsessed with eggs in a cloud. And oh, add a squirt of hot sauce and call it a perfect meal! This low carb cloud bread should be on your next to-make list!
Cloud Eggs or Eggs-in-a-Cloud
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Parmesan Cheese , grated
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced Parsley or Chives
- 2 slices cooked Bacon , crumbled
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- Black Pepper , to taste - fresh cracked if possible
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from yolks by placing the egg whites in large bowl and place the 4 yolks in separate small bowls.
- Using either a stand or hand mixer, whip whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in the parmesan cheese, parsley/chives, bacon pieces and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the egg white mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of the spoon, create a small dent or well in the center of each mound.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes. Remove egg whites from the oven and then gently place an egg yolk in the hole of each egg cloud. Season with salt and pepper.Bake for another 2-3 or until the eggs are set the way you like it. Serve with toast or eat them as they are for a great low-carb breakfast!
Click Here for More –> Brunch & Breakfast Recipes
Click Here for more —> Healthy Recipes.
Recipe was originally published in 2017 and was updated in 2018 with a new video and recipe format. Hope you enjoy our low carb keto recipe!