You can’t go wrong with our healthy Greek chicken salad grain bowl. It’s grilled chicken breast with our super fresh and popular 20-minutes greek salad. Grain bowls are uber popular because they’re versatile with so many combination options from different types of grains, proteins and veggies you can add to it. They’re packed with nutrients and super easy to make. These meal-in-a-bowl’s are perfect for many planning and a quick-grab lunch. No need to buy a salad or spend money on a boxed lunch. You can definitely box your own lunch with this delicious greek chicken grain bowl.
Inspired from our easy greek salad recipe
Video of our Healthy Greek Chicken Salad Grain Bowl
There’s so much flavor in our greek chicken grain bowl, you don’t need to add any extra dressing or calories. You can serve this grain salad bowl on any type of grain that you like brown rice, quinoa, couscous, bulgar, barley, oatmeal, faro or spelt are always great options. Cook it to your preferred taste and texture, and voila you can have grain bowl for days. That’s what make it great: choose your own health grain! Or if you want to make it even healthier, you can use just a little bit of grain and add more chopped lettuce! If you’re craving more greek salad recipes, here’s a recipe for our grilled chicken greek salad sandwich.
There's so much flavor in our bowl, you don't need to add any extra dressing or calories. You can serve this grain salad bowl on any type of grain that you like brown rice, quinoa, couscous, bulgar, barley, oatmeal, faro or spelt are always great options. That's what makes it great: choose your own health grain!
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts , cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt , or to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- zest of 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Dill or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 large Cucumber (or 3-4 small cucumbers), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe Roma Tomatoes , diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onion
- 3/4 cup pitted Black Kalamata Olives , halved
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- Choose your healthy cooked grain: brown rice, quinoa, couscous, bulgar, barley, oatmeal, faro or spelt
In bowl or plastic bag combine chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir together or shake the bag to make sure all the marinade gets evenly mixed and coated over the chicken. For best flavor, marinade the chicken for at least 25 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the grill and grill the chicken breasts on both sides until cooked.
In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Set aside.
Assemble the bowl: Add about 1 cup of your favorite healthy grain, add chicken and top with the greek salad. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grab and fork or spoon and enjoy!