Grilled Greek Chicken Salad Grain Bowl
You can’t go wrong with our healthy Greek chicken salad grain bowl. It’s grilled chicken breast with our super fresh and popular 20-minutes greek salad.
Easy Greek Chicken Salad Bowl
Grain bowls are uber popular because they’re versatile with so many combination options from different types of grains, proteins and veggies you can add to it. They’re packed with nutrients and super easy to make. These meal-in-a-bowl’s are perfect for many planning and a quick-grab lunch. No need to buy a salad or spend money on a boxed lunch. You can definitely box your own lunch with this delicious greek chicken grain bowl.
Video of our Healthy Greek Chicken Salad Grain Bowl
Inspired from our easy greek salad recipe
Tips for Making this Recipe
There’s so much flavor in our greek chicken grain bowl, you don’t need to add any extra dressing or calories. You can serve this grain salad bowl on any type of grain that you like brown rice, quinoa, couscous, bulgar, barley, oatmeal, faro or spelt are always great options. Cook it to your preferred taste and texture, and voila you can have grain bowl for days. That’s what make it great: choose your own health grain! Or if you want to make it even healthier, you can use just a little bit of grain and add more chopped lettuce! If you’re craving more greek salad recipes, here’s a recipe for our grilled chicken greek salad sandwich. Let us know what you think of our recipe. Share your photo on instagram and tag us. Or just leave a comment below in the comment section!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad Bowl
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound (455 g) Chicken Breasts , cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) Garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Salt , or to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Red Wine Vinegar
- zest of 1 medium Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) Sugar
- 2 cloves (2 cloves) Garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Kosher Salt or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Black Pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) dried Oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) dried Dill or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 large (1 large) Cucumber (or 3-4 small cucumbers), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 (4 ) ripe Roma Tomatoes , diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) diced Red Onion
- 3/4 cup (100 g) pitted Black Kalamata Olives , halved
- 4 ounces (115 g) Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (15 ml) chopped Parsley
- Choose your healthy cooked grain: brown rice, quinoa, couscous, bulgar, barley, oatmeal, faro or spelt
For the Chicken
- In bowl or plastic bag combine chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir together or shake the bag to make sure all the marinade gets evenly mixed and coated over the chicken. For best flavor, marinade the chicken for at least 25 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the grill and grill the chicken breasts on both sides until cooked.
Make the Greek Salad
- In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Set aside.
- Assemble the bowl: Add about 1 cup of your favorite healthy grain, add chicken and top with the greek salad. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grab and fork or spoon and enjoy!