Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Have you tried cooking recipes in an air fryer yet? If not and you’ll love our air fried parmesan. It’s definitely a healthier chicken parmesan. Our air fryer chicken parmesan is quick and too amazing to not try if you have an air fryer. And if you don’t have an air fryer… let’s just say our life became better once we started cooking in one.
Easy Air Fried Chicken Parmesan Recipe
If you’re a fan of chicken parmesan, try making air fried chicken parmesan and you won’t be disappointed. The crust of the chicken parmesan is crispy and delicious with little oil! Wow, you’ll be impressed with our recipe for air fryer chicken parmesan. There’s no oil, other than a little oil spray. That’s all you need and when the chicken comes out of the air fryer, it’s delicious! The chicken crust is crispy and flavors are super flavorful. With the added sauce and mozzarella cheese, chicken parmesan dinner is super quick. Add it with pasta for the kids and if you want to eat low carb, add steamed veggies!
Video of Best Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
How to Make Chicken Parmesan in Air Fryer
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Spray both sides of coated chicken with cooking spray right before cooking.
- Check out the complete recipe in the recipe box below
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 1-2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (80 g) bread crumbs , or as needed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated parmesan cheese , or as needed
- Cooking Spray , for coating
- 2 cups (480 ml) marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup (112 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley , for garnish
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- If needed, pat the chicken dry. Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the egg(s) (start with one egg and add another if needed) and set aside.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess bread crumb coating. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. Spray both sides of coated chicken with cooking spray right before cooking.
- Place chicken breasts in single layer inside air fryer basket. If using smaller air fryer basket, you will need to cook in batches.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 6-8 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts and top the chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Air fry for another 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
Don’t Have an Air Fryer? Try Our Crispy Fried or Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Here’s some great healthy air fried recipes for you to try.