Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Here’s all our —-> BEST AIR FRYER RECIPES
Buy our –> Air fryer eCookbooks here!
Easy Air Fried Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Have you tried cooking recipes in an air fryer yet? If not and you love chicken parmesan, you’re going to obsess over this healthier chicken parmesan. Our air fryer chicken parmesan is quick and too amazing to not try if you have an air fryer. And if you don’t have an air fryer… let’s just say our life became better once we started cooking in one. If you’re a fan of chicken parmesan, try making air fried chicken parmesan and you won’t be disappointed.
Video of Best Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
The crust of the chicken parmesan is crispy and delicious with little oil! Wow, you’ll be impressed with our recipe for air fryer chicken parmesan. There’s no oil, other than a little oil spray. That’s all you need and when the chicken comes out of the air fryer, it’s delicious! The chicken crust is crispy and flavors are super flavorful. With the added sauce and mozzarella cheese, chicken parmesan dinner is super quick. Add it with pasta for the kids and if you want to eat low carb, add steamed veggies!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan in Air Fryer
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Spray both sides of coated chicken with cooking spray right before cooking.
- Check out the complete recipe in the recipe box below
BUY OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes Here
Crispy Fried or Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Here’s some greathealthy air fried recipes for you to try.
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt range & the 5-6 qt. range. Here’s our favorites:
Cosori 3.7 qt. Digital Air Fryer – “That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Ninja 4 qt. Digital Air Fryer – Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
We like that this Tiluxury 5.8 qt has the non-stick basket (non-wire base). Makes for less sticking for delicate meals (ie baked fish fillets). And we like the digital interface (easier cleaning).
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 1-2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (80 g) bread crumbs , or as needed
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated parmesan cheese , or as needed
- Cooking Spray , for coating
- 2 cups (480 ml) marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 cup (112 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley , for garnish
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- If needed, pat the chicken dry. Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the egg(s) (start with one egg and add another if needed) and set aside.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess bread crumb coating. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. Spray both sides of coated chicken with cooking spray right before cooking.
- Place chicken breasts in single layer inside air fryer basket. If using smaller air fryer basket, you will need to cook in batches.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 6-8 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts and top the chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Air fry for another 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.