How To Make Fried Chicken Tenders Juicy and Crispy
Our chicken tenders or chicken strips recipe is so easy and good. It’s like restaurant quality! Warning, these chicken tenders are addictive! Fried chicken tenders or chicken strips made with boneless skinless chicken breasts are always super juicy, but when you coat them with Japanese panko bread crumbs, they become extra special. There’s something magical and crunchy about the panko bread crumbs when they’re fried. If you’ve ever had Japanese potato croquettes, they’re crunch comes from the delicate flakes of the panko. Now coat those bread crumbs on chicken breast cutlets and what you have is a delicious chicken tender that ‘s quick and easy. Both kids and adults will be super pleased.
Video of Crispy Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
We have an oven baked chicken tender recipe that’s healthy and delicious if you’re wanting something that’s less greasy. They’re baked in the oven and although they’re not deep fried, they’re still crunchy on the outside because of the double coat of flour. But if you’re willing to sacrifice some calories and go for something juicy, try these crispy panko fried chicken tenders. You won’t be sorry and sometimes you just need to treat yourself to something decadent chicken strips. At least these are fresh and not chicken nuggets or chicken strips that you get from a fast food chain. These homemade chicken tenders are way better. Go ahead and give them a try.
How to Make Easy Crispy Chicken Tenders or Strips
Juicy and Delicious Chicken!
Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Panko Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into thin or flat strips
- 2 cups (480ml) panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- salt , to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cut chicken breast into strips. Make sure they are even sized so that they cook evenly. The thicker they are, the longer they will take to cook. Season chicken strips salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine panko bread crumbs.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs until smooth.
- In large frying pan, fill pan about 1/4 " high and heat oil temperature to about 375 degrees. Do not let oil get too not or else the chicken strips will burn on outside and still be raw on inside.
- Dredge chicken cutlets strips in egg, then panko bread crumbs. Press chicken cutlet into the bowl of panko bread crumbs so that they completely coat the chicken cutlet. Repeat this process for all chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken till golden brown on both sides and until the chicken is fully cooked in the center.
- Serve warm with your favorite dip: ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce or ranch dressing.