Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders
Our fried chicken tenders or chicken strips recipe is so easy and good. It’s like restaurant quality! Warning, these chicken tenders are addictive!
Best Fried Chicken Tenders Juicy and Crispy
Fried chicken tenders or chicken strips made with boneless skinless chicken breasts are always super juicy, but when you coat them with Japanese panko bread crumbs, they become extra special. There’s something magical and crunchy about the panko bread crumbs when they’re fried. If you’ve ever had Japanese potato croquettes, they’re crunch comes from the delicate flakes of the panko. Now coat those bread crumbs on chicken breast cutlets and what you have is a delicious chicken tender that ‘s quick and easy. Both kids and adults will be super pleased.
Video of Crispy Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
Baked vs Fried Chicken Strips
We have an oven baked chicken tender recipe that’s healthy and delicious if you’re wanting something that’s less greasy. They’re baked in the oven and although they’re not deep fried, they’re still crunchy on the outside because of the double coat of flour. But if you’re willing to sacrifice some calories and go for something juicy, try these crispy panko fried chicken tenders. You won’t be sorry and sometimes you just need to treat yourself to something decadent chicken strips. At least these are fresh and not chicken nuggets or chicken strips that you get from a fast food chain. These homemade chicken tenders are way better. Go ahead and give them a try.
Tips for How to Make Easy Crispy Chicken Tenders or Strips
- You can buy precut chicken tenderloin strips. Or you can buy a chicken breast and cut it into thin strips that like the size and shape of tenderloins.
- We like panko Japanese style breadcrumbs because they’re really crispy. But you can use regular breadcrumbs too.
- For a keto version, use crushed pork rinds instead of panko or bread crumbs.
- We like to fry in a high flashpoint oil that’s neutral tasting like grape seed oil or canola oil. Don’t fry with olive oil because it has a low smoke point (flash point).
- Try to keep the oil temperature between 350°F and 375°F. If the oil isn’t hot enough, the tenders may get soggy & oily. And if too hot, the crust may burn before the center is cooked through. An instant-read thermometer is great to regulate the oil temperature.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Juicy and Delicious Chicken!
Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders/Strips
- 1 pound (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into strips
- salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) paprika
- 2 cups (480 ml) panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour , optional
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into strips. Make sure they are even sized so that they cook evenly. The thicker they are, the longer they will take to cook. Season chicken strips salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Set aside.
- Put the panko bread crumbs in a bowl. If using the optional flour, place the flour in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Dredge chicken cutlets strips in optional flour, then in egg, then panko bread crumbs. Press chicken cutlet into the bowl of panko bread crumbs so that they completely coat the chicken cutlet. Repeat this process for all chicken pieces.
- In large frying pan, heat about 1/4-inch of oil to about 375°F. An instant-read thermometer is great to regulate oil temp. Do not let oil get too hot or else the chicken strips will burn on outside and still be raw on inside. When the oil is hot, add the coated chicken in a single layer.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides and until the chicken is fully cooked in the center, about 3-5 minutes, depending on oil temperature and how big the chicken is cut.
- Serve warm with your favorite dip: ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce or ranch dressing.
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Recipes:
- Try these crisp Doritos crusted chicken strips in the air fryer.
- Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- More Chicken Appetizer Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Breast Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon.
- Check out all our chicken tenders or chicken strips recipes here.
This recipe was originally published in 2016.