Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe – Juicy and Delicious
Craving Italian Chicken Parmesan but don’t want to go out to a restaurant? Stay home and make it yourself! This chicken parmesan recipe is simple and absolutely delicious and you can easily make it for family dinner.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Everyone loves chicken parmesan and it’s probably one of the top menu items at Italian restaurants or family restaurants. Kids love crispy chicken and so do adults, so this is one of those meals that you should have on your weeknight menu.
Our chicken parmesan recipe starts with crispy fried chicken breasts because it gives a juicy, delicious chicken. But if you want you can certainly bake the chicken breasts in the oven. If you top enough sauce and cheese, it’s still be super flavorful and delicious. The most important factor is to liberally season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and use a great tasting marinara sauce.
Video: How To Cook Chicken Parmesan
The flavor of this crispy chicken parmesan is outstanding with a flavorful sauce and well seasoned chicken. The crust is outstanding too, even if you were to bake it. The bread crumbs really give a great texture and crunch.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan
For serving, you can easily devour this chicken recipe accompanied by a side salad or a bowl of soup. But if you want to make it more substantial for dinner, add some awesome pasta like spaghetti, rotini or even macaroni. If you’re looking for a lower carb alternative, try healthy zucchini noodles that are spiraled with a vegetable spiralizer. Zucchini noodles with this crispy chicken parmesan is outstanding! Just remember to add some extra sauce to the pasta!
Chicken Parmesan Sandwich for Leftovers
Another great option is to make a chicken parmesa nsandwich! Yup! Chicken parmesan in a sandwich is amazing! Sometimes everyone goes to the classic paring of pasta with chicken and tomato sauce. But with a little shredded lettuce and a great hoagie bun, you have an amazing sandwich that everyone will fight for. Hope you enjoy this awesome Italian inspired chicken because our whole test kitchen team LOVED it and can’t wait to make another batch of this chicken parmesan recipe for lunch.
Yummy Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 2 (2 ) eggs
- 1 cup (110 g) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Oil , for frying
- 2 cups (500 ml) marinara sauce or tomato sauce , heated
- 1 cup (112 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley , for garnish
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pat the chicken dry and cut in half, lengthwise. Pound the chicken breasts into thinner, evenly thick pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge it in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Shake off any excess bread crumb coating. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- In large skillet or frying pan, heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium-high heat. After oil is heated, add the chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Fry in batches if needed to keep from crowding the pan.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and briefly drain on paper towels. Place the chicken on a serving platter or individual plates (even better if the platter or plates are warm).
- Serving Option 1: Top the cooked chicken with hot marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
- Serving Option 2 (oven method): If you want to have the cheese more hot and bubbly, you can bake the chicken in a preheated 350°F oven for about 5 minutes before serving. Top the chicken with the sauce and mozzarella cheese and then put in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Here’s our Air Fryer Version!