Margarita Boozy Popsicles
Our margarita popsicles Recipe is a fun and refreshing cocktail dessert. Margarita boozy pops are great for parties and Summer gatherings when you can something super cold and refreshing.
Margarita Popsicles Recipe
Refreshing frozen margaritas on a stick? Yup, boozy margarita popsicles are fabulous for the Summer pool parties that need that little bit of special dessert. When it’s hot outside and you’re hanging out with your besties, boozy popsicles are another great way to enjoy refreshing cocktails. These margarita pops are super delicious and truly taste just like a margarita. Only this time, it’s frozen for adults. Another reason why they’re great is that it takes a little longer to consume so you can slow down and appreciate a margarita even more with every lick. So gather up your friends this weekend and cool down with a boozy pop! You can make several batches of these a few days before and your job is done! Just turn up the music and have a fantastic time with your friends.
Video of our refreshing margarita boozy pops:
Tips for Margarita pops recipe
- Add some salt on the tip of the boozy margarita popsicles just like you would salt the rim on the cocktail!
- Make them ahead of time for parties. It’s easy to make a big batch of these up to 2 weeks ahead. They last that long and still taste bright and fresh.
- Serve them in a regular margarita cocktail for a fun way to enjoy this popular drink in 2 different ways.
- It’s a fun and great way to really have a full margarita experience on a frozen stick. All you need is some tacos, salsa and tortilla chips to make an awesome party for Cino de Mayo too! Have fun, stay cool and hope you enjoy our margarita boozy pops recipe!
Best Popsicle Molds for Ice Pops:
After going through dozens of pop molds and battle testing our kitchen equipment, here’s a few of our favorites for homemade popsicles.
Boozy Margarita Popsicle Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups (415 ml) warm Water
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Tequila
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier, Cointreau, triple sec, etc.)
- optional 1 lime, cut into thin slices
- optional – kosher or sea salt , for garnishing pops
- If using wooden ice pop sticks, soak sticks for an hour in warm water before making pops (helps minimize them from floating up when inserted into molds.)
- In bowl, stir together water, sugar, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour and divide the margarita mixture between 10 ice pop molds. (optional) Add a thin slice of lime into each pop mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until completely solid.(optional) Before serving, dip or sprinkle some salt on the tips of the un-molded pops.
Here’s some of our other favorite summer party libations!