Tuna Pasta Salad
Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
Ok, hope you love tuna pasta salad as much as we do! This huge bowl was devoured quick for lunch in the text kitchen. It was the perfect pasta lunch that’s loaded with flavor and texture. The secret to why our recipe is so delicious is because we use lots of tuna. Yes, we love it and added 3 cans to the recipe for maximum tuna in each bite. With the added chopped celery and other awesome ingredients it’s not a boring dish. It’s the party-perfect bowl of easy pasta salad to bring to the next potluck or party.
Video: Best Tuna Pasta Salad
How to Make Easy Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
We already talked about adding extra tuna. Now the part to make this dish great is choosing the pasta. We prefer smaller pasta so that it’s not too filling and so that each bite is loaded with more tuna. Small elbow macaroni, ditalini, rotini and farfalle or bow tie is our favorite. They’re smaller, taste tender and aren’t too filling. All recipe details and photos are in the recipe box below.
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 12-16 ounces (340-454 g) dried pasta , cooked to package instructions
- 15 oz. (425 g) tuna , drained (3 cans)
- 1 cup (224 g) mayonnaise , to taste depending on how creamy you like it
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1/4 cup (35 g) diced pickles or relish
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) prepared mustard
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried dill , or 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill (optional)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste - (optional)
- slices (slices) of fresh lemon , garnish
- Prepare the pasta: Fill a large bowl (big enough to hold cooked pasta) halfway with ice water. Boil pasta to package instructions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and shock the pasta by adding it to the cold water to get it cold fast. Once cold, drain the pasta, transfer to a large bowl.
- In the bowl with the pasta, add tuna, mayonnaise, celery, relish or pickles, red onion, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper and/or optional dill, and lemon juice.
- Gently stir everything together. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with lemon slices.
Click Here for all our –> Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes
Here’s more tuna recipe ideas for ya!