Healthy Air Fryer Tuna Patties
Our previous crispy stove top tuna patties recipe were such a hit! So many of you asked us for an air fryer tuna patties recipe so here it is! A batch of these air fried tuna cakes is low carb and delicious.
Easy Healthy Air Fryer Tuna Patties Recipe
Our recipe for tuna patties in the air fryer is so much healthier because it hardly uses any oil. We couldn’t believe it when we took a bit into a air fried tuna patty. It’s is a little drier than the stove top version, but the healthier air fried option is still delicious! The flavor and texture difference between the pan fried tuna version and air fried version is small. Air frying the tuna patties is definitely the way to go if you’re looking to cook with less oil and cut calories.
Video: Air Fryer Tuna Patties Recipe
Low Carb, Low Calorie Air Fried Tuna Patties
The hot circulating air cooks these fish cakes perfectly only need a light brush or spray of olive oil. Hardly using any oil makes the lower calorie for sure. And the patties use a bit of bread crumbs, which makes them lower carb than most other options out there. You’ll love these and serve then on a salad, as an appetizer or in a slider. If you’re looking for a BAKED TUNA PATTY here’s a great recipe that can easily be baked in the oven. Both these options are great ways to enjoy these low calorie tuna cakes!
How to Make Tuna Patties or Tuna Cakes in Air Fryer
Use ice cream scoop to keep sizes consistent
Flatten out the tuna patties and keep their round shape. Brush with oil.
Here’s our Stove Top Version: Recipe Here
Hope you enjoy our air fried tuna cakes recipe. Here’s more healthy recipes:
- Low-Carb Cloud Eggs (Eggs in a Cloud)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
- Zucchini Noodles with Spinach
- Spinach Salad with Bacon, Avocado Vinaigrette
- Click Here for —-> Our Best Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Tuna Patties
The amount of egg will vary depending on the dryness of your tuna and the absorption of the bread crumbs. If you are unsure, start with 2 eggs, and if the mixture seems too dry to easily form into patties, add a 3rd egg.
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned albacore tuna , drained or 1 pound (454g) fresh tuna, diced
- 2-3 large eggs *see note above
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (55 g) bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried herbs (oregano, dill, basil, thyme or any combo)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- optional for serving - ranch, tarter sauce, mayo, lemon slices
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, celery, onion, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture to make sure everything is combined. Gently fold in the tuna until just combined.
- Lay perforated air fryer baking paper inside base of air fryer. Lightly spray the paper. (if not using a liner, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure the patties do not stick)
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture, and shape into patties about 3-inches wide x 1/2-inch thick and lay inside basket. Makes about 10 patties. If patties are too soft to handle, chill them for at about 1 hour or until firm. This will make them easier to handle during cooking.
- Spray or brush top of patties with oil.Air Fry at 360°F, 10 minutes, flipping half way. Spray the tops again after you flip the patties. Serve with your favorite sauce and lemon slices.