Phyllo Dough Pizza with Pepperoni and Tomato
Enjoy this Phyllo Dough pizza recipe for your next party! Making pepperoni pizza is always a treat to make homemade because you can add your favorite pizza toppings. Here’s a easy homemade pepperoni pizza recipe that is a little different, but equally awesome.
Phyllo Dough Pizza Recipe
Take your pizza-game to the next level. Instead of making a regular pizza dough as the base, try it with phyllo dough! Phyllo dough pizza is absolutely different and delicious! This incredibly simple pepperoni pizza has a crispy, flaky phyllo dough crust. Each bite into the phyllo dough is a unique experience. Yes, you don’t have the crust of regular pizza, but you will have an outer crust that is lighter tasting and super crispy. It’s the perfect pizza to serve at a party, Super Bowl party, or large dinner gathering.
Video: Phyllo Dough Pizza Recipe with Pepperoni and Tomato
Crispy and Delicious Pizza
This pizza is pretty large because it fills the size of the phyllo dough sheets. So try adding different toppings on both halves of the pizza so you can have two different pizza toppings in one pizza. This Phyllo Dough Pizza recipe is great for everyday but if you want to make it fancy, just call it a tomato tart! What ever you decide to call it, just share it with friends because it’s too good to not spread the love.
Phyllo Dough Pizza
- 7 phyllo dough sheets (14 inches x 9 inches)(there are about 24 sheets in 1 lb. boxes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 cup (240ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni or Italian dry salami
- 1 large tomato , sliced thin
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sliced red onions
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- fresh herbs like thyme, basil, oregano (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently place one sheet of phyllo dough on the baking sheet and lightly brush with oil. Repeat layers by brushing oil on each sheet of phyllo dough as you layer them on top of each other.
- Add tomato sauce on top of the stack of phyllo dough layers within 1 inch of the edges. Don't add sauce all the way to the edges. Add cheese on top of the tomato sauce.Then layer the pepperoni, tomato and add the red onion. Season with salt and pepper on top of the pizza.
- Gently fold up all the edges of the pizza over the filling. Lightly brush the folded edges with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the phyllo dough is golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool, slice into squares, add herbs (optional) and serve warm. Enjoy!
More Pizza Love!
- Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza KETO
- Chili Cheese Hot Dog Pizza
- Amazing Skillet BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg rolls
- Pepperoni Pizza Cheese Dip
Check out more recipes you can make with these awesome phyllo dough pastry sheets.