Skillet Eggplant Pizza
Crave pizza without all the carbs? If you’re open minded and love eggplant, then you won’t miss the pizza dough in this easy pizza recipe. This eggplant pizza recipe is healthy and low carb when compared to regular dough pizza. Best of all, it’s all made in a skillet without even having to turn on the oven. Skillet pizza recipes are simple and quick, then add the healthy eggplant to replace the dough, you have a wonderful way to satisfy pizza cravings.
The slices of eggplant caramelize and brown on the skillet, then when the eggplant base is cooked, all you need to do is add toppings such as tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni or what ever you like. Within minutes you have a wonderful vegetable pizza recipe without all the carbs and you can eat multiple slices without feeling guilty. This quick and healthy pizza recipe idea can easily be adapted to be a gluten free pizza or paleo pizza. Add what ever you like and best of all, it’s a great idea for a healthy pizza party!
low carb and delicious pizza without all the starch
Video: Skillet Eggplant Pizza Recipe
Skillet Eggplant Pizza Recipe
- 1 large Italian eggplant , sliced in 3/4” thick
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil (approx.) for brushing
- 1 cup (240 ml) marinara sauce or pizza sauce (approx.)
- 1/2 cup (56 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet or frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook eggplant slices on each side until they turn golden brown. About 2-3 minutes on each side.After the last side has been cooked, add about 1 tablespoon of sauce over each slice. Add pepperoni, then some cheese on each eggplant slice.
- Cover skillet and cook for about another 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.