20 Minute Greek Salad that Everyone Loves!
Our easy and healthy greek salad recipe is finished in 20 minutes but can be devoured in 5 minutes. It’s that delicious! And perfect healthy salad for lunch, dinner or a side dish.
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
We had all the right ingredients to make our healthy greek salad recipe. But we didn’t realize how amazing it would be and how quick everyone was going to eat it! They loved it! We knew it was going to be tasty, but didn’t anticipate that everyone else we served it to would go so wild over it. It’s crazy to think how easy a greek salad is to make and not everyone seems to know about it. It’s literally just a few super fresh ingredients for the vinaigrette that helps win everyone over. Yup, that’s what fresh lemon zest and lemon juice can do for a salad. But it’s all the colors and textures of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and olives.
Video Making the Recipe
How to Make Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- Always start with fresh herbs. Using fresh dill is essential for amazing fresh flavor. But if you don’t have access to fresh dill, dried dill will work too.
- The feta cheese ties everything together with its creamy and salt love. If you don’t have feta cheese you can use parmesan or your favorite flavorful cheese.
- Gently toss it with the vinaigrette. Don’t stir it too hard or the tomatoes will smash. Each bite packs a fresh punch of chopped veggies and a bright, flavorful salad dressing. It’s Summer in a bite. In fact, it’s actually a year round salad.
- You can make the salad components and dressing up to 2 days ahead of time, but don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to serve. It’s that go-to 24/7 salad that you can whip together for a quick potluck salad contribution or a quick lunch. Make it ahead of time and you won’t be tired of it because it’s a recipe for greek salad that doesn’t get old, especially when it’s so quick and easy to make.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Check out some Favorites for this Recipe:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products. Here’s some of the favorites:
Cherry-Olive Pitter – Works great for olive & cherries. Pits be gone!
Microplane Zester – Lemon zest perfected!
Murray River Salt – Easily our favorite finishing salt. Amazing salt from Australia. Perfect flakes and super delicious!
20 Minute Greek Salad
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- lemon zest , from 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice , fresh if possible
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) black pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) dried oregano , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) dried dill , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 large cucumber or 3-4 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) diced red onion
- 3/4 cup (100 g) pitted black kalamata olives , halved
- 4 ounces (115 g) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- In large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and dill). Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Gently stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Serve chilled.
You’ll Love These Salad Recipes
- Seriously Delicious Coleslaw
- Avocado Massaged Kale Salad
- Radish-Avocado Salad Recipe in 15 minutes
- Vegetarian Grilled Zucchini and Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Lemon Vinaigrette
- Cowboy Egg Salad with Bacon, Ranch, BBQ Sauce
- More Salad Recipes and Chicken Recipes
This healthy greek salad recipe was originally published in 2017.