Easy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
If you’re ever craving spaghetti with sauce without the carbs and calories, you’re going to love this easy spaghetti squash recipe with as much cheese and sauce as you like. Cheesy, saucy spaghetti squash is a dinner that the whole family loves. It is a fantastic quick and easy dinner. And best of all, you can eat it straight out of the shell. Less dishes to do after dinner!
Learning how to cook this great squash recipe is really easy. You have two options: you can bake it or you can microwave it. Both results are equally delicious. Baking the squash will take a little more time, but you’ll have a nice roasted flavor. It is also great if you are going to cook a couple spaghetti squashes at one time. Microwaving the squash is definitely quicker for a single spaghetti squash, but there will be little more water released. But all you need to do is to drain a little bit of the water and it’s perfect. Even if you bake it and as it cools, it will release water. So either way, depending on when you eat it, you just might have to drain some water.
Video: Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash Recipe:
Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Tomato Sauce
This amazing quick and easy squash recipe is saucy because you can add what ever spaghetti sauce you want. And you can add more sauce if you like. If you want it extra cheesy, just add extra cheese! You can also add ground meat to your sauce and it’s a hearty meaty meal! Don’t forget to add a fresh and crisp side salad to add more greens to your amazing dinner. Enjoy! It’s an awesome low carb Italian-inspired dinner! There are so many possibilities with this dinner. You can even add some cooked spinach, tofu, chicken or even shrimp and it’s a dinner that keeps on giving.
Here’s more great spaghetti squash recipes., including a great spaghetti squash with an easy sausage tomato sauce.
If you love Spaghetti Squash, you’ll probably love Spiralizing. Check out some Favorites for Spiralizing:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products, plus a little bonus of some of our favorite spiralizing cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
This recipe was originally published 2014 and re-published in 2019 with an updated video.
Cheesy Saucy Spaghetti Squash
- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash , cooked - see directions below for cooking options
- 2 cups (480ml) Spaghetti Sauce , about
- 1/2 cup (120ml) freshly grated parmesan cheese , about
- minced parsley , for garnish
- salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
Cook the Spaghetti Squash with your preferred method
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands.
- Place spaghetti squash cut side down on 8"x9" glass baking dish. Add enough water to fill the baking dish with about 1 inch of water.Microwave on High or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork, about 10 minutes. Depending on the power of your microwave and size of the spaghetti squash, cooking times will vary. Keep checking the squash to see if it's ready.Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a baking sheet pan with olive oil.Place spaghetti squash cut side down on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells.
- After loosening up the strands of the cooked spaghetti squash, ladle hot spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle cheese on top.
- If needed, heat up the spaghetti squash halves in the oven or microwave for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with minced parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!