Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Parmesan Cheese
Easy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
We are obsessed with healthy spaghetti squash recipes. Whether it’s spaghetti squash baked in the oven or cooked in the microwave for a quick and easy dinner. This spaghetti squash recipe with Italian sausage and parmesan cheese is another favorite that doesn’t ever get old. Sure, there’s more calories in this version, but when you’re wanting to splurge, this is the spaghetti squash dinner to make!
Video: Spaghetti Squash Recipe with Sausage
Sauteed with some onion, garlic and chunks of delicious italian sausage, it’s a great base to eat with spaghetti squash. But wait, this recipe gets better. We add some awesome aged parmesan cheese and voila! the flavor and textures become even more tremulous. The savory flavors of the parmesan really make this spaghetti squash dish outstanding. And want to make it even more different? Just add some pasta sauce on the spaghetti squash and it’s the perfect Italian spaghetti squash version that you’ll love forever and ever.
Low Carb Paleo Spaghetti Squash Recipe
If you’ve never had spaghetti squash before, you love it! It’s a great low carb and healthier way to enjoy pasta without all the calories. When cooked, the spaghetti squash flesh breaks apart into thin strands, just like thin spaghetti. The big and HUGE difference is that spaghetti squash is a vegetable and there’s very little calories in the squash and it’s so much more healthy if you’re looking to cut down some calories. There’s way less starch than pasta but the flavors of the spaghetti squash are equally filling and satisfying to eat. Enjoy! Click Here for All Our–> Spaghetti Squash Recipes are here for you to enjoy:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products, plus a little bonus of some of our favorite spiralizing cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Parmesan
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (about 3 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Olive Oil , divided
- 1 small Onion , chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , crushed or finely minced
- 1 pound (454 g) un-cooked Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) finely chopped fresh Oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano) - or whichever preferred herb
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh Cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- optional - ( ) chopped Italian Parsley , for garnish
- optional - red chili flakes
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. (Kitchen tip: Use the tip of the knife to first pierce the squash to get the cut started. Once started, you don’t have to slice everything in half, just through the rind working around the diameter.) Scoop out the seeds and loose strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh separates easily into strands with a fork. Using a towel to hold or wait until cool enough to handle, finish loosening the “spaghetti" from the shells and set aside.
- Pinch the sausage into small balls. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in pan, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 1 minute, then add sausage. Cook until bottom side of sausage starts to brown, then stir. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until the sausage is cooked through (@ 2-3 minutes depending on heat and size of sausage).
- Stir in the the oregano and then add spaghetti squash strands to the sausage. Continue cooking until spaghetti squash is heated through (usually less than a minute.)Remove from heat. Toss in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with desired optional parsley and/or red chili flakes. Serve immediately.