How to Bake Spaghetti Squash in Oven
Learn how to bake spaghetti squash! This amazing vegetable is one of the most unique squashes to cook and eat. When roasted in the oven, the flesh of the spaghetti squash softens up to become long strands, similar to spaghetti or thin noodles.
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash
It’s one of the vegetables that is not only healthy, but it’s the perfect low carb and low fat substitute for pasta or noodles. Preparation for the squash has many options, including boiling, steaming and cooked in the microwave. But when the squash is roasted in the oven has a wonderful nutty flavor that can’t be beat.
Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
So if you have the time, make this recipe for oven roast or baked spaghetti squash and it will quickly become one of your favorite squashes to cook. Spaghetti squash can be cooked as a side dish or even as an entree in many ways. Treat it as a salad and toss in some vinaigrette or dressing. You can even cook up the spaghetti squash (once it’s cooked already) with some sausage, chicken, turkey or other vegetables. Baked spaghetti squash recipes are endless so have fun and enjoy! We can’t get enough of it and because it’s healthier, we don’t feel as guilty when we eat double portions!
Watch the video on how to bake spaghetti squash:
Here’s great and healthy–> SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES.
slice spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds
lightly oil baking pan & bake squash cut-side down down
enjoy tender, healthy and low carb spaghetti squash!
This post was originally published in 2013. It was re-published in 2017 with a new video.
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products, plus a little bonus of some of our favorite spiralizing cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
How To Bake (Roast) Spaghetti Squash In Oven
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (@3lbs or 1365g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Olive Oil
- Salt , to taste
- fresh Cracked Black Pepper , to taste
- grated cheese (optional)
- pasta sauce (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells.Serve spaghetti squash warm or with cheese and your favorite pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper to personal taste.
More easy spaghetti squash recipes:
- Spaghetti squash with sausage
- Baked spaghetti squash with tomatoes and parmesan
- Garlic parmesan spaghetti squash
- Coconut curry spaghetti squash