Healthy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
We love our easy healthy spaghetti squash recipe so much. A few months ago we spent two days in the test kitchen developing new recipes with spaghetti squash. Today’s version is always a classic and easy spaghetti squash recipe that’s loaded with flavor. Best of all, it’s still low carb. Inspired from our popular zucchini noodle recipe with garlic and parmesan, we had this spaghetti squash version for lunch. It was a hit amongst everyone on the team that everyone was asking for seconds.
Watch this Recipe Video:
First of all, it’s way too easy to make and super delicious to devour. Second of all, one of the best responses we get from our readers who make our spaghetti squash recipes is that their kids love it too. Add the popular parmesan cheese and garlic flavors to the spaghetti squash for extra flavor. What you have is a quick and easy dinner for the whole family! Finally, there’s so many variations you can add to this recipe including the addition of extra veggies, roast chicken or any protein that you want.
This delicious healthy spaghetti squash recipe is just the base recipe to become something more substantial. It can be more filling by adding your favorite ingredients. But if you want to keep it simple, the garlic and parmesan cheese is just enough to enjoy this easy spaghetti squash recipe for a weeknight dinner. Because it’s satisfying, low carb and will easily become one of your favorite spaghetti squash dinners ever. This spaghetti squash recipe with turkey and sriracha is a delicious spicy version for all you spicy-food lovers. Click Here for More —> Best Spaghetti Squash Recipes and Zucchini Noodle Recipes Here
Here’s Our –> Delicious Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Recipe
You’ll love — > Our popular Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan Recipe
Click Here for –> All of our Delicious Spaghetti Squash Recipes
If you love Spaghetti Squash, you’ll probably love Spiralizing. Check out some Favorites for Spiralizing:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and products, plus a little bonus of some of our favorite spiralizing cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Garlic Butter
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (@3lbs or 1365g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 3 large cloves garlic , minced (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) parmesan cheese or more for final topping
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) red chili flakes
- handful of chopped fresh parsley , optional
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the "spaghetti strands" from the shells. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and translucent. Don't let the garlic burn.Add spaghetti squash strands and toss with the garlic butter. Don't overcook the spaghetti squash strands, especially if they’re already too soft or else they'll become mush.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add parmesan cheese and season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir to combine the cheese and to let it melt. Add chili flakes and chopped parsley, then serve warm. If you want to add extra parmesan for topping, go for it!
Here’s more great healthy recipes for you to enjoy.