Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
This healthy Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe is always a classic and so easy! It’s loaded with flavor and best of all, it’s still low carb.
Healthy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
We love our easy healthy spaghetti squash recipe so much. A few months ago we spent two days in the test kitchen developing new recipes with spaghetti squash. Inspired from our popular zucchini noodle recipe with garlic and parmesan, we had this spaghetti squash version for lunch. It was a hit amongst everyone on the team that everyone was asking for seconds. If you’re on a low carb diet, it’s better than eating regular pasta!
Watch this Spaghetti Squash Recipe Video:
Spaghetti Squash is Perfect for Everyday Meals
First of all, it’s way too easy to make and super delicious to devour. Second of all, one of the best responses we get from our readers who make our spaghetti squash recipes is that their kids love it too. Add the popular parmesan cheese and garlic flavors to the spaghetti squash for extra flavor. What you have is a quick and easy dinner for the whole family! Finally, there’s so many variations you can add to this recipe including the addition of extra veggies, roast chicken or any protein that you want.
This delicious healthy spaghetti squash recipe is just the base recipe to become something more substantial. It can be more filling by adding your favorite ingredients. But if you want to keep it simple, the garlic and parmesan cheese is just enough to enjoy this easy spaghetti squash recipe for a weeknight dinner. Because it’s satisfying, low carb and will easily become one of your favorite spaghetti squash dinners ever. This spaghetti squash recipe with turkey and sriracha is a delicious spicy version for all you spicy-food lovers. Click Here for More —> Best Spaghetti Squash Recipes and Zucchini Noodle Recipes Here
Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Garlic Butter
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (@3lbs or 1365g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 3 large cloves garlic , minced (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) parmesan cheese or more for final topping
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) red chili flakes
- handful of chopped fresh parsley , optional
- Preheat Oven to 375°F. Oil a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and connecting strands, then place cut side down on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the squash flesh becomes tender and separates easily into strands with a fork. Finish by gently loosening and removing the “spaghetti strands” from the shells. Set aside.
- Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant and translucent. Don't let the garlic burn.Add spaghetti squash strands and toss with the garlic butter. Don't overcook the spaghetti squash strands, especially if they’re already too soft or else they'll become mush.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add parmesan cheese and season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir to combine the cheese and to let it melt. Add chili flakes and chopped parsley, then serve warm. If you want to add extra parmesan for topping, go for it!
If you love Spaghetti Squash, you’ll probably love Spiralizing. Check out some Favorites for Spiralizing:
Nothing beats tried and true kitchen tools and cookbooks. Here’s some of the favorites:
Paderno Spiralizer – The Classic! We’ve lost track of how many meals this one has made for us. Fantastic spiralizer.
KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment – Spiralize, peel, core, slice. All from the power of the KitchenAid stand mixer.
OXO Julienne Peeler – For those who love it simple. This great julienne peeler has seen a lot of mileage in our kitchen
You’ll Love these Other Recipes
- Here’s Our –> Delicious Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- You’ll love — > Our popular Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan Recipe
- Perfect –> Yummy Vegetarian Cheesy Sauces Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Click Here for –> All of our Delicious Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Here’s more great healthy recipes for you to enjoy.
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2020 with updated photos.