Buffalo Wing Sauce in 5 minutes
There’s no reason to buy buffalo wing sauce or any bottled buffalo chicken sauce. It’s so easy to make and you can customize your flavors to your personal taste. In just 5 minutes a quick, homemade batch is ready with our best buffalo wing sauce recipe.
What is buffalo wing sauce?
This is the most popular sauce for chicken wings and it’s hard to not love it. The bright, tangy, vinegary and spicy flavors of this orange sauce is classic. Dip it, drizzle it or drench it on crispy chicken and within minutes you have a restaurant quality buffalo chicken dish. It’s got an interesting history if you want to ready more on the origins of buffalo wings.
Why Make Our Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe?
You can buy the bottle for convenience, but if you can spare the 5 minutes or maybe 7 minutes, you can make a batch. Making buffalo wing sauce from scratch really only needs 3 basic ingredients that make up buffalo sauce. But we have some other suggestions to make it a little more flavorful beyond the tangy base flavors. From adding garlic powder, honey, to extra worcestershire or soy sauce there’s more flavor to add for this homemade batch if you can spare another minutes or two. It really is easy.
Video: Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe 5 min 3-Ingredients
How to Make Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Customize your flavors and sweetness. Traditional buffalo wing sauce can be rather tangy and sour. So you can sweeten it to your liking by adding sugar or honey.
- More savory and umami flavors: If you want more savory flavors, add extra soy sauce or worcestershire.
- Great garlic flavor is always a favorite when we make a homemade batch. We love adding garlic powder to the melted butter. The flavors are elevated to new delicious sensations.
- All buffalo wing sauce recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Buffalo Sauce in 5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (114 g) butter , melted
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) hot sauce (Tabasco, Franks Hot Sauce, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- optional sugar or honey , to taste if needed
Nutrition Information per Serving
Hot Sauces to Use in Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo sauce is classically made with the more tangy and vinegary hot sauces like Franks RedHot & Louisiana style hot sauces. But feel free to make it with whatever your favorite flavor of hot sauce is.
What to use the sauce on
Beyond the chicken, you can add it to roasted cauliflower for a vegetarian buffalo cauliflower dish.
- Drizzle the sauce on vegetables or other types of grilled meats. This is a great buffalo chicken sauce for any type of chicken.
- Make a buffalo dip out of it or french fries in the sauce
- It’s a great addition to pasta or stir fry. Try making a buffalo mac and cheese.
- Spread it on sandwiches, grilled cheese or top it on tacos.
- Popcorn is a great base if you drizzle the sauce on top.
How to Store the Sauce
Store it in air tight jars and keep in the fridge. It can store for about a month or so. But try to eat it sooner than later so the flavor is as fresh as possible. This buffalo wing sauce can go stale and taste old because it’s butter based. So eat it when it’s fresh.
Best Chicken Wing Recipes
We love chicken wings and buffalo wings. Here’s a small list of our favorites. If you want to see our whole collection, visit our complete list of easy chicken wing recipes.