Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza KETO
We’ve made this keto chicken crust pizza so many times because we’re obsessed with it. The low carb pizza crust is made with shredded chicken and it’s so good! Wow, you don’t even miss the “bread” of the crust because the chicken cooked crispy and has a nice texture to it.
Chicken Crust Pizza that’s Low Carb & Keto
That’s right, it’s a low carb keto pizza that’s super simple to make. It easily satisfies our cravings for pizza without all the starch. This protein-based pizza crust is perfect for the keto-friendly diet. What if you’re not on the keto diet? That’s why we love it so much is that using shredded chicken breast has less fat too. That way, it balances out with the fat of the cheese and other toppings.
Video: Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust (Keto)
- Use shredded pre-cooked chicken. Roast chicken, cooked chicken breast or canned chicken breast works well. They’re already cooked, so the crust will have a better bite and chew. Some canned chicken is very salty, so don’t add additional salt when making the crust.
- It’s important to make sure the chicken is finely shredded. This will create more of a tight weave for the crust and it’ll hold together better.
- If you want to make the chicken crust a little crisper, you can cook it for about 3-5 more minutes. But make sure to not cook it too long or you’ll have a dry chicken jerky crust.
- Read the full recipe write up in the recipe box below.
Can you Freeze Chicken Pizza Crust?
Yes, you can freeze the pizza crust after it’s fully cooled. To cook again, thaw the crust. Pre-Heat your oven to 400F. Lightly brush or spray oil on the thawed chicken crust. Bake the crust for about 3-5 minutes, then add your sauce and toppings. Bake the pizza for about 5 minutes OR until the sauce and toppings to cooked to your liking.
Make Homemade Low Carb Tomato Sauce
Here’s a great low carb tomato sauce recipe that’s keto friendly. There’s no added sugar and way cheaper than buying other bottled brands. Best of all, you can customize the sauce flavor to your preferred liking. Spices make all the difference and you’ll love making it homemade. It’s perfect for this low carb chicken crust pizza recipe! Enjoy!
Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizzas
It is better to have the chicken finely shredded instead of a large chunky shreds. The crust will hold together more firmly and will be less likely to break apart.Makes one 10-inch/25-cm pizza. Nutrition based on crust, pizza sauce, & cheese.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) packed cooked shredded chicken (about 1/2 lb.-227g)
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, veggies
- pepperoni, bacon bits, sausage
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly oil the parchment paper evenly where the chicken will lay.
- In bowl whisk the eggs. Add the shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Layer the chicken mixture on the oiled parchment paper into a round or square shape. Pat and press the chicken together making sure there’s no air between the chicken. Flatten and shape the crust, about 1/4-inch (6mm) thin.
- Bake the chicken crust for about 15-20 minutes or until it start to crisp, golden and firm. Then allow the crust to cool for about 5-10 minutes so it can become a little more firm.
- Add your favorite sauce and toppings and return the pizza to the oven. Bake for about another 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and toppings are cooked.
More Easy Recipes
Check out more of our awesome low carb recipes here. Hope you enjoy this pizza just as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below or share it on social media. Connect with us when making the delicious recipes! This recipe was originally published ink 2019.