Quiche Recipe with Spinach, Bacon or Ham
Best Quiche Recipe for Breakfast or Brunch
We love brunch and serving a classic quiche lorraine or regular quiche is always popular. Loaded with protein filled eggs, spinach and salty bacon or ham, quiche is the best brunch dish. The possible are endless when it comes to quiche. You can add what ever vegetables or meats you want. The type of cheese makes a difference in the flavor of quiche too. So for any quiche recipe, you can add your favorite cheese of choice! A slice of quiche will make breakfast or brunch seem fancy without the fuss. It’s a satisfying savory morning meal that will keep you satisfied way past lunch.
Video: Quiche Recipe with Spinach, Bacon or Ham
What’s the Difference Between Quiche Lorraine or Regular Quiche?
A classic quiche lorraine is an egg custard dish baked in a pastry shell. Traditional quiche lorraine has smoked bacon and normally uses swiss cheese or guyere cheese. A regular quiche has been adapted to other cuisines. Also, a plethora of different fillings like ham or sausage are normally added to a regular quiche. All versions of delicious and the best part is that you can add what you like to make it customized to your personal tastes. That’s the fun part about making quiche: the possibilities are endless! If you want to use a homemade pie dough, here’s our pie dough recipe here. And here’s how to blind bake a pie crust.
Spinach Quiche with Bacon or Ham
If you’re using frozen spinach that’s been thawed, make sure to squeeze out all the excess water. For pie weights, you can use dried beans. Click here for Blind Baking tutorial:
- 9 -inch (22 cm) frozen pre-made pie crust - thawed according to package directions
- 6 large (6 large) eggs *see note 1
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Half & Half or whole milk
- 2 (2 ) green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (56 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach , chopped
- 3 slices (3 slices) cooked bacon , chopped or 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven 375°F (190°C).
- Blind bake the pie crust: Line the 9” pie crust with aluminum foil with enough foil to completely cover the sides, and then fill with a layer of pie weights. Place pie crust on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, carefully remove the foil and weights. Poke the base a few times with a fork, then Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the the crust is lightly browned.
- While crust bakes, make the egg filling: In bowl, whisk eggs, half/half or milk, salt and pepper.
- Add green onions, cheese, spinach, bacon or ham and stir egg mixture until everything is well combined (Optional ~ reserve a little of the bacon/ham to float on top of the quiche before baking).
- When crust is finished blind baking, pour the egg mixture into the crust. Gently stir the mixture to make sure all the filling is evenly distributed throughout the quiche. (Optional ~ top with reserved bacon/ham).
- Bake the quiche for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the egg is cooked. Insert a toothpick or a knife in the middle of the quiche and it should come out clean when it’s cooked.
- Allow quiche to cool for about 15 minutes before serving or serve at room temperature.
Here’s More –> Great Breakfast Brunch Recipes
Our –> Best Egg Recipes for egg lovers!