Quiche Recipe with Spinach, Bacon or Ham
We love brunch and serving a classic quiche lorraine or regular quiche is always popular. Loaded with protein filled eggs, spinach and salty bacon or ham, quiche is the best brunch dish.
Best Quiche Recipe for Breakfast or Brunch
The possible are endless when it comes to quiche. You can add what ever vegetables or meats you want. The type of cheese makes a difference in the flavor of quiche too. So for any quiche recipe, you can add your favorite cheese of choice! A slice of quiche will make breakfast or brunch seem fancy without the fuss. It’s a satisfying savory morning meal that will keep you satisfied way past lunch.
Video: Quiche Recipe with Spinach, Bacon or Ham
What’s the Difference Between Quiche Lorraine or Regular Quiche?
A classic quiche lorraine is an egg custard dish baked in a pastry shell. Traditional quiche lorraine has smoked bacon and normally uses swiss cheese or guyere cheese. A regular quiche has been adapted to other cuisines. Also, a plethora of different fillings like ham or sausage are normally added to a regular quiche. All versions of delicious and the best part is that you can add what you like to make it customized to your personal tastes. That’s the fun part about making quiche: the possibilities are endless! If you want to use a homemade pie dough, here’s our pie dough recipe here. And here’s how to blind bake a pie crust.
Toppings for Quiche
- avocado: creamy slices or chunks of avocado are great toppings!
- fresh salsa: we love added some fresh salsa on top for a bright flavor
- hot sauce for anyone who loves spicy food
- extra bacon or cooked ground sausage
- crumbled feta cheese or chunks of goat cheese
Spinach Quiche with Bacon or Ham
- 9 -inch (22 cm) frozen pre-made pie crust - thawed according to package directions
- 6 large (6 large) eggs *see note 1
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Half & Half or whole milk
- 2 (2 ) green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (56 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach , chopped
- 3 slices (3 slices) cooked bacon , chopped or 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven 375°F (190°C).
- Blind bake the pie crust: Line the 9” pie pan with the crust. Use a fork and poke holes all around the base and sides of the pie crust. Bake crust for about 7-10 minutes or until the the crust starts to loose its raw dough look.
- While crust bakes, make the egg filling: In bowl, whisk eggs, half/half or milk, salt and pepper.
- Add green onions, cheese, spinach, bacon or ham and stir egg mixture until everything is well combined (Optional ~ reserve a little of the bacon/ham to float on top of the quiche before baking).
- When crust is finished blind baking, pour the egg mixture into the crust. Gently stir the mixture to make sure all the filling is evenly distributed throughout the quiche. (Optional ~ top with reserved bacon/ham).
- Bake the quiche for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the egg is cooked. If the edges of the crust start to brown too much before the egg has set, you can wrap the top edges of dough with aluminum foil or a crust protector shield to keep it from over cooking. Insert a toothpick or a knife in the middle of the quiche and it should come out clean when it’s cooked.
- Allow quiche to cool for about 15 minutes before serving or serve at room temperature.