One Bowl Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits
This garlic cheddar drop biscuits recipe has been a team favorite for a while. But what makes them so appealing and super delicious is because they are so flaky and have a perfect savory flavor! Best part about these easy drop biscuits is that it’s all mixed in one bowl.
Best Drop Biscuits Recipe
So they’re not just any ordinary garlic cheddar biscuits, they’re fresh garlic cheddar drop biscuits that are super flaky. Say that 6 times fast! Our garlic cheddar drop biscuits just aren’t for breakfast for brunch. Biscuits are perfect for any time of day including lunch and especially dinner! Flavorful, tender buttery and full of cheddar flavor makes our drop biscuit recipe wonderful. But it doesn’t stop there. We added freshly minced garlic for added flavor and that’s what makes our biscuits outstanding!
Video: Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Tips on Making Drop Biscuits
- Use a medium cookie scoop for consistent sized biscuits. These will cook evenly too so you don’t get one too small or too big. You’ll have really un-even baking results if your scoop is inconsistent.
- We like using the medium cookie scoop which is about 2 Tablespoons worth of raw mixed dough.
- These biscuits are smaller so that they can cook evenly. We like smaller ones because they’re easy to eat and quicker to bake. Plus you are able to bake at a higher temperature, giving the biscuits a delicious crispy crust and tender, flaky center. If you want to make bigger drop biscuits, you should slightly flatten them so that they can cook all the way through.
- You can use different melting cheeses. Use your favorite cheeses!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Best Garlic Biscuits for Breakfast and Brunch
When they’re pulled out of the oven, the warm garlic and melty cheese aromas fill the kitchen and it’s super hard to not eat a few first before you share them with others. Instead of having regular dinner rolls or bread, serve these biscuits for dinner and everyone will love the change. Warm flaky garlic biscuits are so wonderful that they are almost like a dinner themselves. Maybe it’s because we added an extra brushing of butter that’s makes them so good! But there’s so many good ingredients in here, everything makes these biscuits a team favorite.
Garlic-Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cup (220 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (57 g) cold butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk , or 1/4 cup more if needed
- 1 cup (115 g) cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic (optional), finely minced
- 1/4 cup (15 g) minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- melted butter for brushing after baking (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add butter to flour mixture and cut in with a pastry blender or using your fingers until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Create a well in the flour mixture then add the milk, cheese, garlic powder, fresh garlic, parsley and black pepper. Stir to combine. If mixture is too dry, add a little more milk to make batter come together, but not too wet.
- For each biscuit, drop about 2 tablespoons of batter using a medium cookie scoop (2 Tablespoons size) on prepared baking sheet, leaving a couple inches between biscuits. You can also a couple large spoons if you don't have a cookie scoop.
- Bake biscuits for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. (optional) Brush with melted butter before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving
What to Serve with These Drop Biscuits?
These are so yummy for anytime of day. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack and dinner are always perfect meals to have a bowl of these biscuits.
- Breakfast is great with these biscuits. Just make some eggs, a side of sausage or bacon and you’re set.
- Snacking: What a great way to hold you over until the next meal. Just snack on one of these and you’ll be satisfied.
- Lunch: make a little sandwich out of these with some ham, turkey or avocado.
- For dinner, serve these with some pasta, chicken, steak or seafood.
Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits as Appetizers or Snacks
And don’t forget that they are great as an appetizer for parties, Super Bowl and game days. Everyone will be blown away to have these garlic cheese biscuits on the appetizer table! More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes and Quick Bread Recipes
Can you Air Fry These Biscuits?
Sure! But depending on the air fryer, timing will change a bit. Also, if you keep these biscuits to a smaller size, they’ll cook more evenly and all the way through. Don’t make these too big because they’ll still be raw on the inside and too crispy or burnt on the outside. Our suggestion is to use the 2 Tablespoons works of raw dough per drop or use the medium cookie scoop. Air Fry at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Then flip them and air fry for about another 8 minutes or until they are cooked through. If still slightly uncooked in the center, leave them in the hot air fryer (turned off) for about 5 minutes. The residual hot air will help cook the biscuits all the way through.