Best Drop Biscuits Recipe
This garlic cheddar drop biscuits recipe has been a team favorite for a while. But what makes them so appealing and super delicious is because they are so flaky and have a perfect savory flavor! So they’re not just any ordinary garlic cheddar biscuits, they’re fresh garlic cheddar drop biscuits that are super flaky. Say that 6 times fast! Our garlic cheddar drop biscuits just aren’t for breakfast for brunch. Biscuits are perfect for any time of day including lunch and especially dinner! Flavorful, tender buttery and full of cheddar flavor makes our drop biscuit recipe wonderful. But it doesn’t stop there. We added freshly minced garlic for added flavor and that’s what makes our biscuits outstanding!
Video: Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Best Garlic Biscuits for Breakfast and Brunch
When they’re pulled out of the oven, the warm garlic and melty cheese aromas fill the kitchen and it’s super hard to not eat a few first before you share them with others. Instead of having regular dinner rolls or bread, serve these biscuits for dinner and everyone will love the change. Warm flaky garlic biscuits are so wonderful that they are almost like a dinner themselves. Maybe it’s because we added an extra brushing of butter that’s makes them so good! But there’s so many good ingredients in here, everything makes these biscuits a team favorite. And don’t forget that they are great as an appetizer for parties, Super Bowl and game days. Everyone will be blown away to have these garlic cheese biscuits on the appetizer table! More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes and Quick Bread Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.
Garlic-Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cup (220 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (57 g) cold butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk , or 1/4 cup more if needed
- 1 cup (115 g) cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic (optional) , finely minced
- 1/4 cup (15 g) minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- melted butter for brushing after baking (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add butter to flour mixture and cut in with a pastry blender or using your fingers until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Create a well in the flour mixture then add the milk, cheese, garlic powder, fresh garlic, parsley and black pepper. Stir to combine. If mixture is too dry, add a little more milk to make batter come together, but not too wet.
- Drop batter about 2 inches wide by large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet, leaving a couple inches between biscuits. You can also use an ice cream scoop for more consistent sizes.
- Bake biscuits for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.(optional) Brush with melted butter before serving.