Have you ever had cheese egg muffins before?
Egg muffins baked in muffin or cupcake tins are a perfect breakfast and brunch dish that’s low carb and loaded with protein. These ham and cheese egg muffins are super easy to make and best of all, they are so versatile. You can add almost anything you want in them and make vegetarian egg muffin cups by loading them up with vegetables like spinach, kale or green onions. Or you can make this recipe for cheese egg muffins all protein like sausage, bacon and ham. There’s so many versions, the possibilities for this cheese egg muffin recipe is endless. We’ve made so many versions of these egg muffin cups that there’s really no favorite. It’s basically like a “kitchen sink” egg dish because you don’t need a ton of ingredients. You just clear out your fridge of what ever ingredients you have on hand and whisk them with some eggs and bake them in muffins/cupcake tins. They fluff up so beautifully and each egg muffin cup is an individual serving that everyone will devour in seconds. Another fun part about this recipe for easy egg muffins is that the cheese you use makes them extra delicious! Feta cheese, goat cheese, gouda, swiss, cheddar and so much more are the options that you can add to make these yummy egg muffins unique to your breakfast. What ever you decide to add, make sure to add some topping options because the toppings make these egg muffins over the top! Salsa, avocado, guacamole and chopped jalapeños are just a few options that make these muffins the best part of breakfast and brunch. Check out all our –> Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Here.
Watch our Video for Cheese Egg Muffins with Ham
Click Here for our –> Low Carb Cloud Eggs Recipe
Click Here for our–> Deviled Egg Recipes
Click Here for our –> Pork Roast Recipes
Click Here for –> A great Shashouka eggs recipe
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup diced ham
- 5 stalks green onion , diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese plus extra if you want for topping
- kosher salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Fresh chopped tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12- muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs. Add milk, ham, green onions and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir mixture until combined.
- Using a large spoon or small ladle, divide the mixture evenly between the the muffin pan. If you want extra cheese, you can sprinkle some on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked. Allow egg muffins to cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan then use a knife to loosen the muffins and onto serving plates.
- Serve warm with additional favorite toppings!
* calorie count not including topping options.