Chicken Blue Cheese Pasta Salad with Spinach
Oh yum, this blue cheese chicken pasta salad with chopped spinach is amazing! If you love all these flavors, then it’s the perfect bowl of pasta salad for you to enjoy.
Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad Recipe
Based on our favorite popular salad, this recipe has added ditalini so the dish isn’t too overwhelming with starch. The yummy salty flavors of gorgonzola cheese combined with the chicken, pasta and spinach makes this a solid main meal. You can take it to work for lunch, share it at potlucks and parties. It’ll be a very popular dish that everyone will ask you where you got the recipe from. You can send them here and we appreciate the rec!
Video: Gorgonzola Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
How to Make Blue Cheese Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
There’s so many adjustments you can make to this recipe and it’ll still be great! So don’t feel like you have to follow the recipe perfectly.
- Add more cheese if you want because that’s the best part!
- Using chopped lettuce or arugula if you want to replace the spinach.
- Vegetarian version: leave out the chicken for a veggie friendly version!
- Even without the chicken, this is a perfect vegetarian blue cheese pasta salad for all your friends who don’t eat meat.
- Use less pasta. Sometimes you don’t need all the pasta and using less pasta will give you more chicken and cheese in every bite.
- More recipe details and step by step photos are in the recipe box below.
Chicken, Spinach & Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
For The Salad:
- 12-16 ounces (340-454 ) dried pasta , cooked to package instructions
- 2 cups (280 g) shredded chicken
- 4 cups (120 g) spinach , rough chopped or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (40 g) sliced red onions
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup (135 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (60 g) dried cranberries
For The Dressing:
- 1 cup (240 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- lemon zest , from 1 medium lemon
- juice of one medium lemon (about 1/4 cup-60ml)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- Prepare the pasta: Fill a large bowl (big enough to hold cooked pasta) halfway with ice water. Boil pasta to package instructions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and shock the pasta by adding it to the cold water to get it cold fast. Once cold, drain the pasta, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a jar or bowl, add all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, sugar/honey, salt, pepper, oregano). Shake or whisk the dressing to combine. Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add pasta, chicken, spinach, red onion, tomatoes, blue cheese and cranberries in a large bowl. Pour dressing in the bowl and stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Chill pasta salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
More Easy Recipes:
- Click Here for all our –> Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes
- amazing garlic spinach with lemon
- cranberry blue cheese ball
- stove top spinach artichoke dip
- chicken and blue cheese recipe
- red white and blue watermelon salad
- hope you enjoy all these recipes and share your comments in the section below. We love hearing from you.