Air Fryer Ham with Honey Brown Sugar Glaze
Air fryer with brown sugar honey glaze is juicy and flavorful!! You’ll be cooking this ham all the time because it’s so easy and delicious. Homemade air fryer honey baked ham is a game changer.
Easy Air Fried Ham Recipe
There’s always an occasion for spiral ham or honey baked ham, especially when you learn how to cook a ham in the air fryer. Our air fried ham in the air fryer with brown sugar honey glaze is fantastic!! You’ll be cooking this ham several times a year because it’s so easy and delicious. The ham comes out juicy and flavorful with our homemade glaze. It’s perfect when you don’t have an oven to cook the ham in or if you’re tight on oven space. The air fryer is the perfect appliance to dedicate the ham to and you’ll realize how amazing the hot air technology is.
Video: Juicy Baked Ham Recipe in Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fryer Ham
Ham comes in so many different shapes, sizes and types. The same goes for different air fryers. So make sure to not buy a ham that’s too big for your air fryer. You have to wrap the ham in foil and make sure to give extra space for that too. Don’t let the foil be too close to the heating element, so it’s important to wrap the ham tight. If you buy a whole cooked ham, you’ll need to make criss cross cuts into the ham so the skin crisps up nicely. Instructions are in the recipe box below.
How Long to Cook Air Fried Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze?
Cooking times will vary because different air fryers cook at slightly different temperatures. And of course, ham sizes vary too. Our estimate is to cook about 10 minutes for every pound of fully cooked ham. Half way through the cooking time, you need to glaze again. When you’re cooking the ham during the last half, check it to make sure it’s not too dry. From there, you decide how much longer you want cook the ham. We like to finish the ham un-covered for the last 5 minutes for a crispy, caramel texture. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 4 lb. (1.8 kg) boneless, fully cooked ham
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (85 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice (or 1 orange juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) mustard (optional) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) Clove (optional)
- black pepper , to taste
- Make the Glaze: Combine the brown sugar glaze ingredients (brown sugar, honey, orange juice, optional mustard, cinnamon, clove (optional), and black pepper). Heat and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved and glaze is well combined. Set aside.
- Remove the netting from the ham. If ham is not pre-sliced, score the ham with shallow 1/2-inch criss-cross cuts.
- Line the air fryer basket with 2 pieces of long, overlapping foil sheets (see step-by step photos on website write up above). Lay the ham on top of the foil and then brush about 1/3 of the glaze over the ham. Close the foil over the ham and wrap tightly.
- Air Fry at 300°F for 20 minutes. Open the air fryer basket, carefully open the foil, and then brush the ham with more glaze (make sure to reserve some glaze for finishing & serving). Close the foil tightly, and Air Fry again at 300° for 20 minutes.
- After cooking for the 40 minutes, open the air fryer basket and open up the foil and push foil down around the edges of the ham. This creates a boat that holds the juices and keeps the hand from drying out.
- Brush with a little more glaze and Air Fry at 360°F for 5 minutes, or until it is caramelized to your liking. If you don’t want your ham to be caramelized or crispy, skip this last 5 minutes.Let ham rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Optional serving: Combine the juices from the air fryer basket and the remaining glaze in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Brush the glaze onto the ham when serving or serve alongside in a bowl for everyone to add as they like.