English Muffin Pizza
Kids love English muffin pizzas and they’re the perfect and easy after school snack. Made with English muffins, some tomato sauce and your favorite shredded cheese, these can be a snack or light dinner that anyone in your family can enjoy. You can easily have fun with these super fun pizzas and add more of your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, vegetables, tomatoes or just extra cheese.
The secret to making these great is to start with great English muffins. Some of these breads are thicker, so you’ll get a thicker “crust”, like a thick crust pizza. Our taste testers preferred the thinner Thomas’ brand of English muffins. Either way, you really can’t go wrong with this simple pizza recipe that’s so versatile and not only love by little kids, but the big kids as well (parents)! Here’re more kids recipe ideas.
There’s so many different toppings that you can add to these for kids. They’ll love all the options and make it fun for them. They won’t be bored and it’ll be a great way for you to use leftover ingredients as toppings too. We call it the “kitchen sink” pizza.
- leftover chopped meats like chicken
- different types of cheeses: swiss, gouda, cheddar and jarlsburg are just a few ideas
- small chopped veggies. This is a great way to sneak in those veggies!
- white alfredo sauce
More english muffin pizza recipes.
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 2 English muffins , separated with a fork
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh sliced tomatoes , pepperoni, vegetables (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread about 2 Tablespoons of sauce over each half slice of English muffin. Then sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of cheese on top. Add additional salt, pepper or garnishes.
- Bake english muffins for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve warm.