Easy Avocado Egg Rolls with Cilantro Parmesan Dip
Avocado Egg Rolls Appetizer Recipe
Have you ever tried avocado egg rolls before? Years ago we had them at Cheesecake factory. Since then, we’ve been wanting to create an awesome appetizer recipe inspired from that meal. And now here it is! These are truly are fun to eat. They’re definitely not authentic egg rolls in any way. But if you’re a fan of all these delicious ingredients in an appetizer, then these are for you. They’re a fantastic appetizer to have at a Game Day or Super Bowl party. Everyone will love grabbing a few of these and dipping them in our creamy cilantro dipping sauce. YUM!
These are like guacamole egg rolls. Our recipe is like a chunky guacamole egg roll filling with carrot add to it. The creamy avocado mixture inside the rolls is flavorful and delicious. We like to add shredded carrots in there to give the egg rolls more structure and firmness. Besides, extra vegetables are always good for you too! A platter of these will be a crowd pleaser at parties. Avocado egg rolls are so easy to make and so popular. You might need to make extra because everyone will be devouring them so fast!
Video: Easy Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
How to Make Avocado Egg Rolls
Mash avocado to chunky texture. Add rest of filling ingredients.
Add filling to corner of wrapper
Carefully roll up the corner and start rolling
Use finger to create a fold for the sides
Fold both sides over
Gently roll the egg roll
Wet the corner of the egg roll wrapper with water
Finish rolling the egg roll until the end of the wrapper
Finished and ready for Frying
Do not let the rolls touch during frying
Fry these beauties until crispy brown
Quick & Easy Asian Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls Recipes:
- How to make fresh spring rolls
- Chicken Vegetable Egg rolls
- Broccoli Cheese Egg Rolls
- Chicken Avocado Spring rolls (Summer Rolls)
Avocado Egg Rolls w/ Cilantro Parmesan Dip
For the Egg Rolls
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 12 egg roll wrappers (or Lumpia/Spring Roll pastry wrappers)
- 4 medium avocados , seed removed & peeled
- 1 cup (128 g) shredded carrots
- 5 sprigs green onions , diced (or 1/3 cup diced red onion)
- 1 medium tomato , diced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) paprika
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
For the Cilantro Parmesan Dip
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (112 g) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (35 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt or sea salt , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar , optional or to taste
Make the Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (oil, water, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, black pepper, salt, and sugar) until everything is smooth. Set aside.
Make the Filling
- In bowl, mash the avocados to a chunky texture. Add carrots, onions, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine evenly, but try not to over-mix and lose the chunky texture of the avocados. Taste the filling and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Rolling & Frying: Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add about 2 Tablespoons of the filling to each wrapper. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (watch the video in the post above to see how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Fill large frying pan with about 1/2-inch of vegetable oil and heat oil to about 350°F.
- Carefully add egg rolls to frying pan, without crowding the egg rolls in the pan (they will stick together if placed too close. Fry the egg rolls in batches if needed).Fry each side of the egg rolls for about 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.Serve with the dipping sauce.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos.