When you have fresh tomatoes on hand make yourself a batch of fresh salsa. Each bite and dip into the salsa is worth the effort of dicing and mincing. This is one of those recipes that you can be flexible with and adapt to your taste for any Mexican recipe or breakfast/brunch meal. Add additional fresh cilantro, onion or lime juice. Or omit any one of these if you want, it’s all up to you and what you want.
A kick of spice to this salsa heightens the flavor of the fresh ingredients, so don’t be afraid to add more minced jalapeno or serrano chili to your taste. As you prep the chili pepper, remember to wear gloves when handing hot peppers or at least be cautious and don’t rub your eyes! For any chicken recipes or egg recipes that we feature on this site, this is one of our go-to salsa recipes.
Fresh Salsa Recipe
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 Tablespoons onion, minced (optional )
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chili (or to taste) , seeded & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well and serve.