There’s something very comforting about a simple egg salad dish, particularly as a hearty sandwich. Delicate and creamy, egg salads are one of the easiest, boiled egg meals to make and to bite into on busy days. Adding some crackers to the egg salad or some whole wheat bread for a hearty egg salad sandwich and you have a simple, satisfying lunch. We always love having batch ready in the fridge for everyday snacking and meals.
There are many variations to this simple, everyday egg salad recipe so you can adjust to your personal preference. The sweet bite of chopped sweet pickles or relish makes our version extra flavorful. Don’t like sweet pickles or pickle? Just add more chopped celery for crunch or extra pinches of smoked paprika or dollops of mustard for a spike in flavor.
What ever your version for egg salad is, enjoy it more often with pita chips, crackers and best of all, the humble egg salad sandwich. Make your batch of everyday egg salad and enjoy it throughout the week!
Make this egg salad recipe unique to you. Be flexible and add more of what you like. You can make it less or more creamy by addition of mayo. Have fun!
- 6 boiled eggs , chopped
- 1/2 cup of mayo , or more for extra creamy texture
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1/4 cup of sweet pickles , minced
- 1/2 cup celery , minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley , minced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked ground black pepper , to taste
- sliced bread , for sandwiches
- In large bowl, combine mayo, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add eggs, shallots, celery, sweet pickles and fresh parsley.
- Gently stir together well. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or add to a sandwich.