Everyday Egg Salad
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
There’s something very comforting about a simple egg salad dish, particularly as a hearty sandwich. Delicate and creamy, egg salads are one of the easiest, boiled egg meals to make and to bite into on busy days. Adding some crackers or some whole wheat bread for a hearty sandwich and you have a simple, satisfying lunch. We always love having batch ready in the fridge for everyday snacking and meals.
There are many variations to this simple, everyday egg salad recipe so you can adjust to your personal preference. The sweet bite of chopped sweet pickles or relish makes our version extra flavorful. Don’t like sweet pickles or pickle? Just add more chopped celery for crunch or extra pinches of smoked paprika or dollops of mustard for a spike in flavor. What ever your version for egg salad is, enjoy it more often with pita chips, crackers and best of all, the humble egg salad sandwich. Make your batch of this everyday and enjoy it throughout the week!
Greek Yogurt version:
If you don’t like mayo, try greek yogurt! There’s so many different types of plain yogurt out on the market now. The possibilities are endless. From Icelandic yogurt to other international style yogurts, there’s lots to choose from for this recipe. They’re all great and have slightly different textures and flavors. Some are creamier than others and some are more tart. That’s why it’s fun to explore all your options the next time you’re at the store. Greek yogurt is still the most popular yogurt but have fun for all your different matches of this egg salad!
More Egg Sandwich Recipes
Everyday Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 (6 ) boiled eggs , chopped
- 1/2 cup (112 g) mayo , or more for extra creamy texture
- 1 (1 ) shallot , minced
- 1/4 cup (40 g) sweet pickles , minced
- 1/2 cup (50 g) celery , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) fresh parsley , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked ground black pepper , to taste
- In large bowl, combine mayo, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add eggs, shallots, celery, sweet pickles and fresh parsley. Gently stir together well. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, with lettuce for a salad, or add to a sandwich.
Check out more keto sandwich recipes.