Salisbury Steak Burgers
WOW. You guys, these salisbury steak burgers are amazing. Our popular salisbury steak recipe here is a hit and one day we decided to make them into burgers & sandwiches. Boy, so glad we did. There’s no way to describe the flavorful, tender salisbury patties made into a sandwich. You just have to make it yourself and understand how crazy good these are. We love sandwiches for lunch and decided to try it with our popular Salisbury steak recipe. This burger or sandwich is different, delicious and for gravy lovers. The flavors are outstanding and all the gravy on top makes them easier to devour! Goodness, these are so easy to inhale. If you’re making these for friends, you’ll have to make a double batch because they’re that good! Everyone will want a second sandwich to inhale.
Video: Make This Recipe for Salisbury Steak Burgers
You can make these into grilled burgers if you want too. The flavor is even better if you grill the Salisbury steak patties. Just grill the patties on the bbq or grill. Get a nice charred crust on them and the flavors will be crazy amazing. But you’ll have to make the gravy separately. And although it won’t have the same flavor because the meat wasn’t cooked in the same pan, the grilled flavors in the burger patties themselves will make up for it.
Add mashed potatoes for an extra delicious and filling burger!
Salisbury Steak Burgers
For the steak burgers:
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 1/4 cup (30 g) breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) kosher salt
- lots fresh ground black pepper , or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) cooking oil , for searing beef patties
For the Mushroom Gravy
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices Swiss cheese , or other preferred cheese
- 1/2 cup (105 g) mashed potatoes
- In large bowl mix together all the steak burger ingredients (beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper). Shape into 4 burger patties.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat and then add oil. Brown both sides of patties (about 1 minute per side) and then remove from the pan.
- Keep same pan and beef juices over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until onions are golden and excess mushroom liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and butter. Cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring to remove lumps. Add about 1/2 - 1 cup of beef stock, whisking until incorporated. Increase heat to High. Slowly pour in the remaining broth and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (the saltiness and flavors will concentrate some when it reduces down).
- Once gravy starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Stirring often, simmer until the gravy starts to thicken, about 5-10 minutes. Add salisbury steak burger patties back into the gravy and cook until the steak patties are cooked to your preferred doneness (usually about 5-10 minutes), stirring the gravy occasionally around the steaks. Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper, if desired.
- Assemble the burgers. For each burger, add a couple tablespoons of the optional mashed potatoes. Place on the salisbury steak patties, add the cheese, and then top with mushroom gravy. Add the bun top & enjoy!
Check out our–> Awesome Sandwich & Burger Recipes Here.
Here’s more steak ideas. If you make any of our recipes, please share your comment below. Or share your photo of the recipe you made with us on our social media channels. We’d love to see your creations and share it with our food community! Thanks so much, friends!