In the beginning, this was started as a simple and refreshing radish salad recipe. Then there was a lonely avocado sitting on the counter begging to be eaten. The avocado was ripe and the perfect companion to this quick and easy salad. Within a matter of minutes one of our favorite vegetable side dish recipes was born.
Both refreshing and crunchy, combined with creamy bites of avocado makes this radish avocado salad so delicious. Combined with a fabulous and easy vinaigrette recipe, it’s hard not to want to make this salad over and over again. One of the options we add is the addition of soy sauce to the salad dressing recipe, which gives a simple yet super flavorful umami kick.
Please read post for more recipe details
- 2 bunches of radishes (about 1/2 pound), washed and cut into quarters
- 1 large avocado , seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 green onions , sliced thin
- Make the vinaigrette: in medium bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, sugar, ground cumin, salt and black pepper. Add optional soy sauce if desired. Whisk ingredients together.
- Add radishes, cilantro and sliced onion. Stir salad to coat the radishes with the dressing.
- Add avocado, gently toss to combine evenly with radishes.
- Chill for about 15 minutes. Serve chilled.