Easy Chicken Vegetable Curry Recipe
This satisfying and easy chicken curry recipe has many of the same wonderful flavors of Asian or Thai curry. This is a simple one pot Thai chicken curry that’s hard to resist. It’s not only delicious, but it’s such an easy recipe that you can make it all in one pot and finished in about 30 minutes.
Easy Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry is such a great dish to have during the week when you need to feed a hungry family, quick and fresh. Just prep the vegetables the day ahead and all you need to do is to cook it in the pan and dinner is served! Hearty root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes are included, but you an add different variations on the veggies. Bell peppers, egg plant, broccoli or cauliflower are also great additions to this amazing sauce. You just need to adjust cooking times to the vegetables that you are using so that they can all cook evenly. For example, this recipe for chicken curry used all firm root vegetables so their cooking times are consistent. Broccoli and cauliflower are similar in texture, so pairing these two in this would be ideal.
Video: Easy Asian One Pot Curry Recipe
Curried chicken recipes also vary in spice, so making this version spicy is as simple as adding some fresh chopped chili peppers to your liking. Using spicy curry powder is also an option for additional heat and the balance of the soothing coconut milk makes this dish fantastic. Using boneless skinless chicken breasts makes it healthy and if you want more flavor, you can use boneless chicken thighs. It’s an easy Asian recipe that you can make ahead of time because the flavors actually taste better the next day.
This Easy Curry Chicken was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2021 with new images and video!
Chicken Curry Recipe with Vegetables
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 pound (455g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 pound (113g) potatoes , peeled if desired & cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots , peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 stalks celery , diced
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fresh ginger , minced
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) cayenne , or to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30ml) fish sauce or soy sauce, to personal taste
- 1/2 cup (240ml) chicken stock *see head note
- 14 fl oz. (400ml) canned coconut milk
- Fresh chopped chili peppers (optional), for a spicy curry
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh black pepper , to taste
- Heat large saucepan to medium heat. Add vegetable oil. Once oil is heated, add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent. Add chicken and cook until brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, peas and stir into the chicken. Add fresh ginger, curry powder, cayenne and fish sauce (or soy sauce). Stir until combined well.
- Add stock and coconut milk. Stir gently until everything is combined well. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are cooked.Add salt and fresh black pepper to taste. Serve warm with rice, noodles, or bread.
You’ll Love these Other Recipes
- Super Easy Egg Drop Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sriracha Chicken Recipe
- Keto Garlic Parmesan Fish with Smoky Spices
- Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- Click Here for all our –> Great and Easy Asian Recipes