There’s so many options to this roasted broccoli salad with bacon. Our popular broccoli salad can be made in three ways: roasted broccoli, raw broccoli or with grilled broccoli. There’s so many fantastic options for everyone favorite potluck salad!
Everyone loves our broccoli salad recipe because it’s not just any ordinary broccoli salad. What we did was roast the broccoli first, which gives a fantastic flavor and texture. Most recipes for broccoli salad uses raw broccoli. We love raw broccoli too, but not everyone likes the flavor of it. So when we made this version by roasting the broccoli first, it was a big hit! The tender texture and crispy roasted edges of the broccoli makes our broccoli salad amazing! Everyone who has tasted it agrees that they love it even better than eating raw broccoli. Our recipe for the dressing is tangy, sweet and delicious. The different crunchy textures for come from chopped walnuts or any nuts that you want. Use a combination of pecans, cashews, peanuts or even macadamia nuts. You can even use a variety of dried fruit to make this salad over the top delicious.
Or if you want to use raw broccoli, it’s definitely a popular way to make this salad as well. Just skip the roasting and add raw chopped broccoli to the rest of the ingredients. Another fantastic way that we love making this broccoli salad is with our grilled broccoli. YUM! It’s the best salad to bring to a potluck, party, game day or Super Bowl party. You might have to make a double to even triple batch because it’s so good. The salty crunch of the bacon really makes it exceptional and it’ll be one of your favorite cold broccoli salad recipes!
Video of our amazing Roasted Broccoli Salad Recipe:
Try this broccoli salad recipe with our grilled broccoli! It’s a Summer hit and a favorite way to serve a different version of our roasted broccoli salad.
Click Here for —> More salad recipes
Click Here for —>Easy healthy recipes.
Here’s another awesome broccoli recipe: Broccoli and Cheese Galette from WhiteOnRiceCouple.com
Post was originally published in 2017 and was re-published in 2018 with new video and recipe format.
You can also make this with fresh broccoli instead of the roasted broccoli (great for those hot days you want to skip the oven - just skip drizzling with the oil and roasting - go straight to tossing with the other salad ingredients and dressing). You can also cook the broccoli on the grill instead of roasting.
- 1 pound broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , for coating
- 3-4 slices thick cut bacon , cooked & cut into bite sized pieces (omit to make this salad vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or any combination of your favorite dried fruit cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews (or any combination of your favorite nuts)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs , like thyme, basil, dill (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make the dressing: In medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients (mayo, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, and optional herbs). Set aside.
- Add broccoli pieces in large bowl. Toss with olive oil to evenly coat the broccoli pieces. (Our preferred method is to add half the oil first, toss with the broccoli, then add the rest of the oil and toss again).
Place the broccoli on the lined baking sheet and roast for about 35 minutes, depending on the size of the broccoli pieces. Toss the broccoli at least once during baking. Once broccoli is roasted, remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
After broccoli is completely cool, toss with chopped bacon, red onions, raisins, cashews, and the dressing.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour before serving.