This is one of the most fun and easy recipes for oven baked chicken tenders or chicken strips that not only kids enjoy, but adults as well. Take a few boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into then strips and dredge in a bit of egg, flour mixture and and then bake. What you have is a huge platter to please a crowd. Why folks love our recipe so much is because it’s baked so it’s a healthy chicken tender, much less greasy than fried ones. But we definitely love the fried versions too so if you’re into frying, go ahead and dip these in the deep fryer and you’ll have another delicious version of chicken tenders.
Probably the most fun you can have with this chicken tenders recipe is presenting an array of different dips. The standard ketchup and mustard will probably please the kiddies, but for adults, get creative with bbq sauces, homemade honey mustard or even a spicy sriracha mayo. Hot sauce, mixed with a bit of ketchup is fantastic, making it a spicy ketchup that everyone loves. The dip possibilities are endless.
Watch the video making the baked chicken tenders:
Toss in a colorful side of raw vegetable crudite and it’s a wonderful appetizer for parties of all ages. That way, you can have your healthier version of the chicken strips and all the veggies you want. It’s like a balanced meal in snack and appetizer form!
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2017 with new video!
Healthier options for these baked chicken tenders would be to try using a little less bread crumbs. For gluten free folks, omit the flour and use rice flour or even corn starch for dredging. The cooking times will vary based on how thin or thick the chicken breast is cut, so take that into consideration when you slice the breasts.
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (240ml) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (180ml or 95g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. The thinner they are, the quicker they will cook in the oven. Make sure to keep cuts same size and consistent for even cooking. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, beat 2 eggs. In medium bowl combine flour, salt and black pepper. In another small bowl, add bread crumbs.
- Dredge each strip of chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat for all chicken strips.
- Lay coated chicken strips on sheet pan. Use parchment paper for less sticking.
- Bake chicken strips in oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked and crisp. Remember to turn the chicken strips about 1/2 way through cooking.
- Serve with your ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard or favorite dip.