Baked Chicken Strips Recipe or Chicken Tenders
This is one of the most fun and easy recipes for oven baked chicken tenders or chicken strips that not only kids enjoy, but adults as well. Take a few boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into then strips and dredge in a bit of egg, flour mixture and and then bake. What you have is a huge platter to please a crowd. Why folks love our recipe so much is because it’s baked so it’s a healthy chicken tender, much less greasy than fried ones. But we definitely love the fried versions too so if you’re into frying, go ahead and dip these in the deep fryer and you’ll have another delicious version of chicken tenders.
Watch the video making the baked chicken strips :
Dip Your Heart Out!
Probably the most fun you can have with this chicken tenders recipe is presenting an array of different dips. The standard ketchup and mustard will probably please the kiddies, but for adults, get creative with bbq sauces, homemade honey mustard or even a spicy sriracha mayo. Hot sauce, mixed with a bit of ketchup is fantastic, making it a spicy ketchup that everyone loves. The dip possibilities are endless.Toss in a colorful side of raw vegetable crudite and it’s a wonderful appetizer for parties of all ages. That way, you can have your healthier version of the chicken strips and all the veggies you want. It’s like a balanced meal in snack and appetizer form!
Here’s all our awesome–> Chicken Strip Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and re-published in 2017 with new video! Share your photos with us on social media! We would love to see your delicious creations.
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (180ml or 95g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or lighly oil.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. The thinner they are, the quicker they will cook in the oven. Make sure to keep cuts same size and consistent for even cooking. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt and black pepper. In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs. In another medium bowl, add bread crumbs.
- Dredge each strip of chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat for all chicken strips.Lay coated chicken strips on sheet pan.
- Bake chicken strips for 15 minutes, flip the chicken over, and continue baking for another 5-15 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked and crisp. Serve with your ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard or favorite dip.