Grilled Garlic Cauliflower with Parmesan
Oh hello Summer! or great weather because when it’s grilling time, you’re going to devour this grilled cauliflower recipe every weekend. The smoky charred flavors are fantastic and our bbq cauliflower recipe might be on your one of your favorite veggies to bbq.
Grilled Cauliflower Recipe
This is truly a delicious grilled garlic cauliflower recipe with parmesan cheese or any cheese you want. The wonderfully charred flavor of the crispy cauliflower and salty cheese makes it one of the best Summer grilled vegetables that you’ll eat. It’s not only low carb, it’s loaded with incredible flavor and who knew grilled cauliflower can be so delicious! Seriously, this grilled cauliflower recipe is so good everyone who doubted it when we made it changed their mind after the first bite. The smoky flavors of the cauliflower is fantastic and it’s so good, it’s like a meal in itself. The garlic marinade on the cauliflower truly makes it an outstanding side dish and every bite is spectacular.
VIDEO: Easy Grilled Garlic Cauliflower Recipe
Tips on How to Make Grilled Cauliflower
- The marinade is a combination of spices that really makes this cauliflower extra special. The extra seasoning makes this so flavorful. Add your favorite combination of spices if you want and make it to your personal taste.
- When slicing the head of cauliflower, try to have as much stem included as possible. The stem is what holds the cauliflower into “steaks” or one large slice. You’ll definitely have some random small broken pieces, but hopefully you’ll have at about 2 slices that are whole “steaks”.
- We used parmesan cheese but you can certainly use your favorite melting cheese. Other ideas are using cheddar, smoked gouda or pepper jack cheese.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or chopped chilies for extra crunch and flavor.
- All bbq cauliflower recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Here’s our oven roasted cauliflower steaks recipe if you want to use your oven.
What to Serve with this Cauliflower?
There’s so many options to serve this delicious and flavorful grilled vegetable.
- Eat it on it’s own as a low carb or keto friendly meal.
- Make a healthy salad: Serve this grilled cauliflower with a salad to make it completely vegetarian. Add some chickpeas to it or a handful of arugula for a fantastic Mediterranean inspired cauliflower salad.
- Serve it as a side vegetable to your favorite grilled fish, steak, pork or grilled chicken.
- What ever you pair it with, everyone who tastes this grilled cauliflower will be blown away at how it truly steals the show and completes the meal all on it’s own. Hope you enjoy our bbq cauliflower recipe as much as we do!
Some of our Favorite BBQs & Tools:
Some tools, grills, and smokers make BBQ and grilling all the more enjoyable. Here’s some of the favorites:
Avoid BBQ Tool Sets. We’ve yet to find a set where we love everything in it. Either the spatula or the tongs or the brush is wonky. Or there is stuff in there I never need. Do yourself a favor and just buy what you need a la carte. For grilling tongs, these bad boys are awesome.
Have a grilling or BBQ question, you’ll most likely find an answer here. The most comprehensive grilling & BBQ book we’ve ever found, by far. He breaks down the science and myths, the tools, solid recipes, perfecting techniques, what’s BBQ competition tricks aren’t worth the extra time at home, and much more. You will be grill & BBQ enlightened.
Grilling should never be confined to the daylight. Love this BBQ light. Good brightness, solid magnets plus clamp option. We’ve gone through 1/2 dozen different grilling lights before falling in love with this one. Be ready to grill all night long.
Love this offset smoker. Solid construction. Isn’t perfect, but with a couple easy modifications it will smoke as well as the $1k + smokers. Can use the main chamber also as a regular charcoal grill. Love using it as a regular grill using lump charcoal or briquettes. Huge cooking surface.
One of the best for the money. Solid gas grill! Nothing like the quick convenience of a good gas grill.
Some days we just need to keep the little things contained on the grill. Throw them all into a basket and grill from there. Easy-peasy.
Grilled Cauliflower with Parmesan
- 1 medium head of cauliflower , sliced about 1/2” thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried thyme (or herbs of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) minced parsley or cilantro
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high to high heat. Scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- In bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, dried herbs, lemon pepper/seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Whisk ingredients together. Brush the marinade on both sides of the cauliflower slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper to top of steaks to taste.
- Gently place marinated cauliflower steaks on grill. Cook the steaks for about 2-4 minutes each side, or until nicely charred with crispy edges.
- Lay steaks on platter and sprinkle with cheese while the cauliflower is still hot so cheese can melt. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and enjoy!
More Easy Recipes:
- cauliflower fried rice
- low carb sriracha cauliflower and here’s an air fryer version
- skillet beef and cauliflower
- Click Here for all our –> Delicious Cauliflower Recipes
- You’ll love our –> Delicious Grilled And BBQ recipes
- Here’s a great –> curry cauliflower recipe for all your cauliflower lovers!
- This recipe was originally published in 2018 and re-published in 2019 with updated video.