Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Air fryer frozen fries are a game changer and don’t need any extra oil. They cook crispy and delicious without all the excess calories from grease. Our resource for frozen french fries is below.
Crispy Air Fried French Fries in the Air Fryer
If you’re cooking frozen french fries, you must try making them in the air fryer! Geez, it’s so quick and easy without any oil. Seriously, air fried frozen french fries are so crispy and crazy easy when cooked in the air fryer. Within minutes, we had a big batch of crispy hot french fries out of the air fryer. Once you know how to cook frozen french fries in the air fryer, you’ll never look back. The results are aways quick and crispy. Add a bowl of ketchup or your favorite sauce to dip the air fried french fries in and you’ll be a happy camper!
Video: How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air fryer?
- Start with your favorite cut of frozen french fries. Different thicknesses will cook a little differently, so adjust timing accordingly. This recipe is for thinner cut french fries like you see in our sample photos.
- Add frozen fries to air fryer basket. You really don’t need to add extra oil spray. The frozen fries are already pre-cooked in oil that will release when you air fry.
- Air fry at 400 for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fries. Make sure to gently shake or toss the fries for even cooing. Amazing crispy french fries with less oil!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Do you need to thaw the frozen fries?
No you don’t need to thaw the frozen fries. Cook them straight from frozen. The hot circulating air will crisp and cook the fries all the way through.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen french fries
- Kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste optional
- Place the frozen fries in air fryer basket and spread them evenly over the basket.
- Air fry potatoes at 400°F for about 15 minutes (about 10 minutes for thin cut fries). About halfway through cooking, shake the basket and gently turn the fries. Try not to break them. For crisper, evenly cooked fries, turn them multiples times while cooking.
- If needed, cook for additional 1-2 minutes to crisp up.
- For more fries timing (criss cut, waffle, thick cut fires), check out our sister site for all different types of fries: https://airfryerworld.com/air-fryer-fries/
- No Oil Necessary.
- Cook Fries Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake several times for even cooking & Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
What are the Best Air Fryers?
There’s so many on the market now. You just need to research and find the ones that fits your needs, capacity and style. We group the basket style air fryers into 2 main size groups: 3-4 qt. range & the 5-6 qt. range. There’s oven style and basket style. With so many to choose from, we highlight the ones that are most popular for small to medium sized families. Here’s our favorites:
Good Mid-Sized Air Fryers
“That’s a stylish Air Fryer” was said as we unboxed the Cosori. Beyond being stylish, it has cooked great. The basket is not as tall and wider than most in its size group, which is perfect. You’ll have a lot better results in an air fryer with single layered, spread out foods, then with ones piled high and thick.
The non-stick basket style (non-wire base) & smoothness of the basket tray is also great for clean up.
Has a great ceramic coated basket, one of the longest lasting we’ve used. Super powerful fan that will often cook recipes even faster than other air fryers. We initially returned our first one because we thought we wouldn’t like the basket style. After reconsidering, we bought another and are super glad we did. We love it’s basket and just a platform insert. One less bulky thing to wash. This is a great air fryer.
Good Larger Air Fryers
This is quickly becoming one of our favorite larger basket style air fryers. Great basket size, good controls, cooks nice. Clean up is great. It has become one of our kitchen favorites.
Most of us are familiar with the Instant Pot Brand of pressure cookers. They now make air fryers and it has become a regular in our kitchen. The Vortex plus 9-in-1 is beyond the conventional air fryer. The “plus” boasts features beyond the hot circulating air: Broil, Bake, Dehydrate, Rotisserie, Roast and Re-heat.
Try these delicious air fryer steak bites recipe with the fries!