You guys, this pumpkin crunch bars recipe is amazing! If you love pumpkin and cake together in one bite, you’re going to love this easy pumpkin recipe. It’s the best of a cake and bar all rolled into one awesome pumpkin bite. It’ll be on your go-to baking list for the holidays. Perfect for parties or after a big thanksgiving meal, each bite of these bars will fill your belly with holiday flavors.
Video: Pumpkin Crunch Bars Recipe
Sure, pumpkin pies are the go-to dessert for the Fall season, but to mix things up and to bring something interesting the table, why not a different pumpkin recipe that still satisfies your sweet tooth. Topped with nuts, dried fruit and loaded with holiday spices, one bite into these bars will remind you of why this holiday season is super awesome.
The warm spices of ground ginger, cloves, nutmeg and more combined with pumpkin puree in an easy cake recipe like this is something to share and make everyone happy. It’s all made super easy in a baking dish and you don’t even have to mix the cake mix. All you do is to sprinkle the dry cake mix over the wet pumpkin puree batter and after about an hour in the oven, you have amazing bars that will be devoured in minutes.
Add more nuts or dried fruit if you like to make it delicious your way. Don’t forget the coffee and if there’s any leftover, it’s perfect as a breakfast pumpkin pastry.
This recipe is so easy and delicious to make, you'll make pumpkin crunch cake for the whole season! The key is to make sure to try to spread the melted butter evenly over the whole cake. It's ok to have a few small dry cake-mix spots, but avoid large dry spots of cake mix. And use what ever combination of dried nuts and fruit that you want!
If you want to use pumpkin pie spice mix to replace all the individual dried spices (cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground cloves), then use about 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice mix.
- 1 package prepared dry cake mix (about 15 ounces - 432g)
- 1 can (15 ounces - 425g) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 ounces - 397g) sweetened condensed milk (not to a be confused with evaporated milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) salt
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup (120ml) dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 1/2 lb. - 226g) melted butter
- whipped topping or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9-inch x 13-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt in bowl until smooth. Pour into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the wet pumpkin mixture. Add chopped pecans, walnuts and cranberries (or raisins).
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over mixture.
- Bake 55 minutes or until top is turning golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Allow cake to completely cool. Cut into squares, add whipped topping or whipped cream and serve.