Classic Daiquiri Cocktail
Enjoy this classic daiquiri cocktail for your next party. It’s a beloved drink all over the world. Try this daiquiri recipe at your next gatherings.
Classic Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe
Oh, this is such a fantastic drink that’s why it’s one of the worlds most popular. Before diving into the drink, learn more about the history of the daiquiri and all the variations. The daiquiri is a classic and simple cocktail. There are all sorts of “daiquiris” blended up like adult slushies. It wasn’t originally nor is this recipe for that type of daiquiri. The popularity of this cocktail dates back to Cuba and the lime flavors brighten this classic drink to super delicious.
Video: Easy Classic Daiquiri Drink
Using Fresh Lime Juice
If possible, squeeze fresh limes when making this daiquiri recipe. Using fresh lime juice makes a huge difference vs bottled lime juice when making a classic daiquiri. If you can hand squeeze the limes, it will be even better. The oils from the rinds will give the cocktail a little extra brightness and lime flavor without adding extra acidity. Add the squeezed lime shells into the shaker for best flavor.
Did you know? The daiquiri was named after a village in Cuba near where it was originally created.
Classic Daiquiri (not blended)
- 2 oz. (60 ml) light or white Rum
- 3/4 oz. (21 ml) fresh Lime Juice , or to taste (for a brighter lime flavor, use 1 oz.)
- 3/4 oz. (21 ml) Simple Syrup or 1/2-1.5 oz. simple syrup, depending on your sweetness preference
- Optional - lime slices , for garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice, add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. Taste for flavor & adjust & reshake, if needed.
- Strain and pour into a coupe or Nick & Nora glass. Enjoy
You’ll Love these other Drink & Boozy Recipes
- Margarita Boozy Popsicles
- Best Margarita Recipe
- Mango Lime Smoothie or Cocktail
- Healthy Carrot-Kale Juice
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Click Here for –> More Cocktail and Drink Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2020. Here’s more Rum cocktail recipe ideas!