Best Margarita Recipe
Best Margarita Recipe
Everyone needs a good margarita recipe in their collection and you found it here. One of the most popular cocktail drinks is the classic margarita. Refreshing, satisfying and filled with bright lime juice is why this drink is everyones go-to. It pairs perfectly with so many dishes, not just Mexican food. We enjoy margaritas with Grilled foods and especially Asian foods. Spicy asian foods always go great with beer and when it comes to mixed drinks, margaritas are our favorite to pair. This is a great Cinco de Mayo drink to go with tacos, nachos, carne asada and so much more. There’s always an occasion for this popular drink and it’s hard to say no to a second glass when the food is great. Just remember to please drink responsibly!
Video: How to Make Margaritas
Margarita Pitcher Recipe: How to Make
If you’re having a party and need multiple servings, it’s way easier to make a pitcher. This recipe is scalable. That means if you want to make 6 servings, then just 6x the recipe in the pitcher. We would recommend cutting back on the tequila a bit for larger batches. You can always add more tequila later. Then you have to add a bunch of ice, stir and let it get the margarita really cold. But before you serve it to guests, taste it first. You might have to adjust a few things to make it perfect. Garnish with some wedges or slices of fresh limes and you’re ready to party!
- 1 1/2 fl oz. (45 ml) Tequila
- 1 1/2 fl oz. (45 ml) Lime Juice (usually 2-3 limes)
- 1 fl oz. (30 ml) Orange Liqueur , or to taste (triple sec, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, etc.)
- optional - Flaky salt , for garnish
- 1 optional - lime wedge , for garnish
- Prepare Glass: Rub the rim of your glass with the lime wedge. Roll the rim in the flaky salt, if desired. Add ice to the glass if drinking on the rocks.
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until nicely chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass. Squeeze the lime wedge over the margarita and drop in. Enjoy!
Click Here for –> More Cocktail and Drink Recipes
Serve the drinks with our–> great Mexican Recipes:
This recipe was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021 with updated video. Here’s more margarita cocktail recipe ideas. Hope you enjoy our refreshing cocktail recipes! If you make any of them, please share with us in the comments below or with a photo. We’d love to see! Thank you!