Favorite Greek Pasta Salad
If you enjoy greek salads and all those flavors, you’ll love our greek pasta salad recipe. It’s one step up from the regular salad because the pasta makes it a complete meal! Perfect for lunch all week, potlucks and picnics this is a winner dish to share and devour.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
The crunchy chopped cucumbers and veggies along with the flavorful salty feta cheese make this dish amazing. There’s never a boring bite, especially with the homemade Greek dressing that we have for you. Best of all, it’s a great vegetarian pasta salad recipe to bring that everyone will enjoy! You don’t need meat to make this potluck dish outstanding.
Video: Easy Greek Pasta Salad
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
You can make this dish to your personal liking. There’s so many adjustments and changes you can make, so don’t feel like you have to follow the recipe perfectly. Add extra or less veggies to make it extra vegetable friendly. Or if you really love feta cheese, an extra handful of these will make the salad even more flavorful. We’re fans of extra dressing so always love making a double batch of dressing to add on to the bowl right before serving. More recipe details are in the recipe box below.
More Flavor with Additional Dressing
We love flavor in this pasta salad and will sometimes make an extra batch of the dressing. Then we’ll add the extra dressing to the salad right before serving. This will make the pasta extra flavorful and amazing. Sometimes the pasta will soak up all the dressing by the time it’s served, so this extra drizzle of dressing will make the dish extra special. Pasta salads definitely need to be seasoned well for all the flavors to come through each pasta bite.
Greek Pasta Salad
For The Salad:
- 12-16 ounces (340-454 g) dried pasta , cooked to package instructions.
- 1 large cucumber or 3-4 small cucumbers , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes , diced (or 1 cup (240ml) cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (67 g) pitted black kalamata olives , halved
- 6 ounces (170 g) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh dill , or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
For The Dressing:
- 1 cup (240 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- lemon zest , from 1 medium lemon
- juice of one medium lemon , about 3 Tablespoons
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper , fresh cracked if possible
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano , or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- Prepare the pasta: Fill a large bowl (big enough to hold cooked pasta) halfway with ice water. Boil pasta to package instructions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and shock the pasta by adding it to the cold water to get it cold fast. Once cold, drain the pasta, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a jar or bowl, add all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, sugar/honey, salt, pepper, oregano). Shake or whisk the dressing to combine. Taste the dressing and adjust salt, pepper or additional seasonings, to taste.
- Add pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley to the pasta bowl. Pour dressing in the bowl and stir everything together to coat with the dressing. Add additional fresh lemon zest or juice (optional) to taste. Chill pasta salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
You’ll Love These Other Pasta Recipes
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Classic Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe with Ham
- Million Dollar Pasta Bake with Cheesy Meat Sauce
- Sloppy Joe Pasta
- Supreme Garden Pasta Salad with Bacon & Ham
Click Here for all our –> Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes
This greek pasta salad recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with extra cooking tips. Here’s some more greek recipe ideas for ya!