If you’re ever craving a chopped chicken salad recipe that’s easy, quick and healthy, here it is! This is one of our everyday healthy salad recipes that has great texture and flavor. One of our favorite ways to prepare this salad is to use roast chicken. If we plan ahead, we’ll use one of our favorite roast chicken recipes. For busier days when we don’t get to roast a chicken the evening before, we’ll just head to our local market and get a pre-roasted chicken.
Within a few minutes of chopping and making the dressing, we have a great recipe for chicken salad to feast on. And best of all, you can add some extra of your favorite ingredients such as blue cheese, chopped boiled eggs or even a great egg salad!
Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
For a better tasting dressing, make it the night before and refrigerate it before eating. This salad is great with roast chicken too!
- 1-2 cups chopped cooked chicken (here's recipe for poached chicken and oven baked chicken breast)
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 large carrots , julienned
- 1 cup mandarin oranges , drained
- 1 medium cucumber , chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, mayonnaise, brown sugar, and garlic). Set aside (for best flavor, refrigerate overnight before using).
- In large bowl, gently combine all chopped salad ingredients (cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, mandarin oranges, cucumber, green onions, and sesame seeds). Carefully toss the chopped salad with mixed dressing (for best appearance try to preserve the mandarin oranges' shapes). Serve chilled.