Chopped Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
If you’re ever craving a chopped chicken salad recipe that’s easy, quick and healthy, here it is! This is one of our everyday healthy salad recipes that has great texture and flavor. One of our favorite ways to prepare this salad is to use roast chicken. If we plan ahead, we’ll use one of our favorite roast chicken recipes. For busier days when we don’t get to roast a chicken the evening before, we’ll just head to our local market and get a pre-roasted chicken. Within a few minutes of chopping and making the dressing, we have a great recipe for chicken salad to feast on. And best of all, you can add some extra of your favorite ingredients such as blue cheese, chopped boiled eggs or even a great egg salad!Hope you enjoy our Asian chicken salad recipe.
More Salad Toppings to Add
- Different types of lettuce: kale, arugula, bib lettuce and kale
- dried fruit : fragrant and adds a natural touch of sweetness to the salad
- chopped nuts : toast the nuts and the flavor is outstanding
- grated cheese : extra flavor
- avocado : this adds a delicious creamy goodness to the salad
- or make it vegetarian by leaving out the chicken
Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
for the dressing:
for the salad:
- 1-2 cups (240-480 ml) chopped cooked chicken (here's recipe for poached chicken and oven baked chicken breast)
- 1 cup (70 g) chopped cabbage
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 large carrots , julienned
- 1 cup (195 g) mandarin oranges , drained
- 1 medium cucumber , chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) toasted sesame seeds
- In bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients (oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, mayonnaise, brown sugar, and garlic). Set aside (for best flavor, refrigerate overnight before using).
- In large bowl, gently combine all chopped salad ingredients (cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, mandarin oranges, cucumber, green onions, and sesame seeds). Carefully toss the chopped salad with mixed dressing (for best appearance try to preserve the mandarin oranges' shapes). Serve chilled.
More chicken salad recipe ideas here.