Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Holidays are wonderful when the wonderful fragrance of our pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies fill the air! It’s the perfect time of year to start sharing our homemade pumpkin spice cookies.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Friends, this recipe for pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies is a great one and we’ve tested it so many times to get it right. But the perfection in the recipe lies in your own personal tastes so you can totally customize the spices. We made so many batches and everyone had a different preference for spice levels. So we found the perfect balance between spices, sweetness and texture for these awesome pumpkin cookies. Grab yourself a cold glass of milk or hot cup of coffee because these are not just great for dessert, they’re perfect for breakfast! Move over breakfast pastries, these pumpkin spice cookies are totally going to take over on the morning table.
Video: Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Best Pumpkin Spice Blends?
- CUSTOM BLEND: Our recipe has custom spices with different individual spices that make up the pumpkin spices. We love being able to customize our own flavors. So add or delete what ever spices you want.
- PUMPKIN SPICE MIX: We also added the option for you to use a general pumpkin spice mix out of the bottle.
- Ground allspice and cloves can be a little bitter, so be a little cautious on your first batch. Our 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon recommendations are just enough for that aroma without the bitterness.
- Choose your spice level and fill your kitchen with the wonderful aroma of pumpkin spice. Everyone on our test kitchen team loves pumpkin spice and we’re totally excited that the season is upon us to dive into everything pumpkin.
- Serve the pumpkin spice cookies with a cup of hot coffee, tea or cocoa. It always means that the Holidays are upon us and more holiday recipes are coming up soon!
Check out our Favorite Cookie Balling & Baking Tools:
After baking tons of cookies, here’s some of our favorites to ball and bake:
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate-Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113.5 g) unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temp
- 1/4 cup (50 g) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (165 g) brown sugar , lightly packed
- 1 large (1 large) egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 g) pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.7 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cloves
- 1 cup (180 g) chocolate chips
- Combine the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree until well combined. (Make sure the pumpkin isn’t too water or else the cookies will be more cake-like. If needed, dab with paper towels or drain in a colander first).
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice).
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This is a crucial step and if skipped your cookies will likely spread too much.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop and ball the chilled dough into approx. 1 1/2” balls (medium cookie scoop size). Place with generous spacing on baking sheet pan because they will spread (usually only 6-9 cookies per sheet pan). If you are going to bake multiple sheet pans at once, chill the balled ones while you ball out the rest of the cookies. The cookies bake best when refrigerator temp. cold.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned at the bottom. They should look slightly under-baked to keep them soft and chewy in the inside.Remove from the oven and allow to set for another 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a wire cooling rack.
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes
- Click Here for Pumpkin Spice Recipes for Pumpkin Spice Lovers!
- Pumpkin Spice Roll is a Holiday Favorite
- Everyone Loves Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake Bars!
- Easiest Pumpkin pie recipe ever
- Here’s more pumpkin spice recipe inspiration for ya!
This recipe was originally published in 2017 and updated in 2021.