Love bacon? If so, this bacon fried rice recipe will be perfect to satisfy your bacon cravings. All this easy fried rice recipe takes is a few slices of bacon, leftover rice and what ever vegetables you want. Within a few minutes you’ll have a a quick fried rice dinner. It’s a great weeknight entree on it’s own, or you can serve it along side your favorite protein and salad.
Crisping up bacon to this recipe for fried rice adds a savory great flavor and texture. You can add any kind of vegetables to make it more substantial and balanced. Try adding celery, carrots, broccoli, zucchini or even bell peppers. The options are endless to this bacon fried rice. And you can experiment with different versions of smoked bacon for fun and different fried rice options!
Watch the video making the Bacon Lovers Fried Rice!
More easy fried rice recipes: Chicken pineapple fried rice recipe , Basic Fried Rice Recipe, Pork Fried Rice Recipe
This recipe was originally published in 2014 and re-published in 2016 with a new recipe video! enjoy!
You can add any kind of vegetables to make it more substantial and balanced. Try adding celery, carrots, broccoli, zucchini or even bell peppers.
The options are endless to this bacon fried rice. And you can experiment with different versions of smoked bacon for fun and different fried rice options! Please see post for photos and more recipe details.
- 8 slices bacon , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups cooked , day-old rice
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce , or to taste (use Tamari for Gluten-Free)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (use distilled vinegar for Gluten Free)
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, and then cook the bacon until almost crisp, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, cooking until the rice is hot.
- Stir in the peas, egg, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and season with black pepper. Stir and mix egg evenly through the rice, breaking up any large clumps of rice. Continue cooking until the egg is fully cooked. Serve warm.