Coconut curry Chicken is so easy to make at home and it’s a great Thai chicken curry for the family. No more take-out, make it fresh and homemade!
Everyone once in a while we’re craving Thai coconut curry chicken and realize how super easy it is to make chicken that we don’t need to order take-out or head to our local Thai restaurants. So we’ve been working on coconut curry chicken recipes that are simple and non-fussy so you can satisfy your Thai curry chicken for an easy weeknight dinner. A few years ago our Easy chicken curry with veggies recipe was a hit and we wanted to make an oven version that could be finished in the oven. Sometimes we wanted to make this coconut curry chicken recipe with whole chicken breasts and they often take longer to cook, so this oven version will be perfect, especially for cold days when you want to cook something warm from the oven. Cooking times will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. Some chicken breasts are huge, over 1 pound each so should cut the chicken lengthwise for quicker cooking. This recipe was cooked with chicken breasts that were cut thinner lengthwise. If you’re cooking with smaller chicken pieces, you might not even have to finish it in the oven. Adapting this to a stove-top version is just as easy! Enjoy! Click Here for all our –> Great and Easy Asian Recipes
Watch our Recipe for Coconut Curry Chicken
Click Here for our –> Easy Chicken Curry with Vegetables Recipe
Click Here for our –> Crispy Broccoli Cheese and Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
Click Here for our —> Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Click Here for our —> Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein Recipe
Click Here for all our —> Delicious and Easy Asian Recipes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper , or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce , or more to taste
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Cooked Rice or Crusty Bread
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise if the chicken is too thick. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, melt butter or add oil on medium high heat. Place chicken skin-side down first and sear each side of the chicken until crispy brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, fish sauce/soy sauce, and lime zest. Then add coconut milk and chicken broth. Whisk until combined. Bring liquid to a low simmer.
- Place chicken back into the skillet and transfer to oven. Bake the chicken for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken fully cooked.
- After chicken is cooked, top with minced cilantro and serve over rice or with slices of crusty bread.