One Pot Beef Stroganoff
Easy One Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Gosh, beef stroganoff is one of our favorite and most popular comfort foods. Rich with a creamy beef and mushroom sauce over egg noodles feeds the soul. The flavors are classic and each bite is comforting. Best of all, our one pot beef stroganoff recipe is super easy. First of all, it’s all made in one pot which makes it even more appealing. Second of all, the ingredients are easy to source. Lastly, kids love this dish so beef stroganoff is always a winner winner dinner!
Video: Recipe for Beef Stroganoff
How to make Beef stroganoff recipe
This recipe is for a one pot beef stroganoff. So it’s not complicated at all. Just make sure to season it with enough salt to bring out the flavors. If you barely season it with salt, it’ll be just meh. Cook the egg noodles to your liking. Some folks prefer the egg noodles or pasta to be slightly al-dente. If so, then you’ll have extra sauce. Others like the egg noodles to be cooked softer. If this is the case then expect a little less sauce because the pasta absorbs most of the sauce while cooking.
Easy One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 8 oz (227 g) uncooked egg noodles
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 8 oz (227 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 1 pound (454 g) beef steak , sliced thin (or ground beef)
- 2 Tablespoons (15 ml) all pourpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried herbs (oregano, basil or thyme)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 cups (720 ml) beef broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Melt butter then add mushrooms. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, salt, & pepper. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the beef broth and bring to a low boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze it with the broth. Add the pasta, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover the pan. Stir pasta every 2 minutes or so to turn to top pasta into the broth to ensure even cooking. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your desired texture.
- Stir in sour cream and cook for another minute or so, until the sour cream is heated through. Taste for seasonings and add more salt/pepper if needed. Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
Check Out our –> Easy One Pot Dinners